[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Free/radiant energy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 196x257) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 196x257
So, I got really curious with Nikola Tesla's ideas of making the world a better place by building towers that could use "cosmic" energy and somehow transmit it to people for free. Then came Thomas Moray years later looking into Tesla's work and made his own device that worked and was verified by eye witness engineers and Congressman. My question is where would I start to experiment/Diy at home to expire these things for myself. Any schematics and details would be much appreciated for an Electrical engineer hopeful.
>>
> an Electrical engineer hopeful
You've clearly failed highschool physics.
>>
>>912127
>transmit it to people for free.
It still costs to generate this power so I doubt it would be free to the consumer. Not to mention the infrastructure.
>>
>>912127
From what I've read Tesla was basically tinkering along the likes of solar power. It's just that it all sounds weird and mystique when you read about it in the words and terminology of his time.
So buy a solar panel and there you have a free radiant energy to experiment with at home.
>>
>>912185
I think it was closer to the Earth's electromagnetic field.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wardenclyffe_Tower
>>
>How do I revolutionize the modern world DIY?
>I heard Tesla was onto to something, and I figure nobody since has really made any progrees
>>
>>912127
Nearly all cosmic radiation is blocked by the atmosphere, thankfully, or we'd all be dead. You won't be able to do anything or any significance with cosmic rays from a terrestrial-based location.

Tesla was going different stuff. He was using the planet to ping energy into at certain frequencies creating a wave effect through the entire Earth. Using it to store energy in that frequency range. It is one of the things that put another nail in his project's coffin because it destroys grounded power grids and grounded power generators, like the one his facility used.

Last I read the Russians from a by gone era were trying to do the same thing for use as a weapon. Didn't work so well.

>>912185
Cosmic radiation is a whole other can of worms. It isn't solar radiation. Cosmic rays come from outside our solar system.
>>
>>912183
When they built the first nuclear reactors we were so backwards that they thought they could afford to just give the electricity away because of how much they had to produce to make it viable or something.

Who the fuck wants big buzzing towers crackling away all night and waking you up with lightning bolts. Tesla was a fucking mongaloid.
>>
>>912127
google inverse square law
>>
Look into cold fusion and Thomas Morays machine. It produced like 55w of energy without a power source
>>
>>912215
The search I did on Moray turned up a wiki on his atomic battery thing which was supposed to be too costly to be efficient and other websites touting free energy one of which was supposedly his son's but had nothing about an actual design or product aside from selling dvds.

As for cold fusion I haven't heard of anyone who has actually reliably demonstrated it being done let alone a build a prototype reactor.

Do you have a reliable source to share?
>>
>>912211
>they thought they could afford to just give the electricity away

Actually, the fuel costs of nuclear energy are quite low. The capital costs are significant. So the (naive) idea was to charge you a fixed price for a connection to the grid and then give the energy away.

But that just leads to the 'Tragedy of the Commons'. Or something akin to unlimited data plans. So power companies bill for energy usage. even though this does not reflect many cost structures.
>>
>>912214
This guy knows.

Are you going to build these dangerous, loud, cancer causing, towers ever few blocks?
>>
Op Here thanks for all the help. I still think it's possible and I'd like to do some research and experiment on my own. Hopefully someday I can make a working model and help the less fortunate countries that don't have access to electricity.
>>
>>912211
>mongaloid
mangoloid? no, that's not right...
mangaloid?
>>
>>912194
>>I heard Tesla was onto to something, and I figure nobody since has really made any progrees
Can you name one things thats been conceived/discovered since nuclear fission, radio, jets, and electricity?
>>
>>912736
quantum computing.
>>
>>912736
Graphene
Invisibility cloak
Phonons
Quantum ground state achieved
Antihydrogen
Bose–Einstein Condensate for slowing light
Quantum teleportation

I listen to a lot of science radio podcasts.
>>
Transient energy. Your welcome sea gulls
>>
>>913564
So harnessing the power of homeless people?
>>
>>912956
real things only plz
>>
>>913581
http://wap.engadget.com/2015/12/09/google-we-have-proof-that-our-quantum-computer-really-works/
Google announced a breakthrough in the field of quantum computing Wednesday. The company thinks it's found a quantum algorithm that solves problems 100 million times faster than conventional processes. If confirmed, this discovery could not only lead to iRobot-style artificial intelligence but also advance the US space program by light years.

Back in 2013, Google and NASA went halvsies on a D-Wave X2 computing system. The D-Wave is supposedly the world's first functional quantum computer, though experts both within and without the company have never been able to conclusively prove that the machine actually taps into the quantum realm to produce its calculations. That is, until now.

Google's announcement Wednesday centers on "quantum annealing", a technique that determines the global minimum for a given function when presented with a set of potential solutions. In English, it figures out the best (ie most efficient) overall course of action to complete a task when given a set number of options. Scientists have been working on quantum annealers for a while now, though the two primary techniques, "simulated annealing" and "quantum monte carlo" are both just simulated systems running on conventional hardware. The D-Wave system, on the other hand, is hard-coded to run the quantum annealing algorithm on its quantum array.
>>
>>913588
The company recently tested the new QA algorithm in a proof-of-concept trial against conventional systems running the simulated annealing and monte carlo methods. The results are more than impressive. As you can see from the graph above, Google's method beat out the other two quite handily, solving a function with 1000 binary variables up to 100 million times faster.

Google qualified these results as "intriguing and very encouraging" in its announcement, though the company has a long way to go before this research is ready for the consumer market. But once it is, hoo boy, get ready for a technological revolution. With it, AI researchers may be able to develop smarter, more responsive computer learning systems, NASA could use it to simulate rocket launches (or entire space missions) -- heck even the mundane material sciences could get a boost from this technology.
>>
>>912530
>help the less fortunate countries that don't have access to electricity

go over there and install power lines. it's worth more than any crap you do in your basement.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw-B8_UfNGM
https://www.rt.com/news/170468-tesla-tower-rebuild-project/

The original tower got the financial support pulled from under it when the profiteers realized it wouldn't profit them to have it built.
>>
>>912973
>I listen to a lot of science radio podcasts.
>I-I-I'm an expert on these unproven things!

not even once, kek
>>
Tesla's idea was to use the Earth as a medium, induce EM waves within it, use resonance to amplify the waves endlessly, then harvest the free energy.

Unfortunately, physics doesn't do that.

Also unfortunately, some wanker wrote a Tesla fanfic disguised as a biography that said Tesla's ideas were all amazing and shut down by corporate greed and not because they failed. Now we have to deal with these threads once a month or so.
>>
>>912530
>help the less fortunate countries that don't have access to electricity.

Every country has access to electricity.

Why not volunteer to help improve infrastructure or install solar panels?
>>
>>913744
Doesnt the harpo project use earth as a medium? then projects it above and uses it as a way to effect the weather ect.?
>>
>>912127
>towers that could use "cosmic" energy and somehow transmit it to people for free.
So you mean solar panels on your roof? You can already do that. If you want to solve the energy crisis, design a solar panel factory that is powered by solar panels and produces all of it's own components from local resources.
>>
>>912183
cost of generation.. who exactly is it costing to generate cosmic radiation.. bill cosby? dafuq is this nigger smoking?
>>
>>913794
nigger cosmic radiation is different from SOLAR radiation.
>>
>>913588
>thinks
>halvsies with NASA
>halvsies

In 10 years when your Iphone 10 can do crazy things with pictures you will realize how silly this is.

Moore's wall. Been predicted for decades.
>>
File: diy fags.gif (754 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
diy fags.gif
754 KB, 400x225
>>913777
yes of course

BUT TESLA WAS A HACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REEEE REEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>913777
The earth makes a perfectly good conduction medium. The issue was Tesla's masturbatory obsession with resonance. which doesn't work anything like the way he thought it did. He thought that resonance actually amplified the energy of a wave, instead of simply focusing the energy of multiple waves simultaneously.

Light waves were being studied in the 1700s, with Thomas Young's Double Slit experiment in 1803 finally proving that light was a wave. The 1st law of thermodynamics (conservation of energy) was codified in 1850. Tesla was born in 1856, so by the time he was doing his experiments, he really should have known better.

He may have been a genius, but rejecting the establishment cost him. If he'd built on the progress of his contemporaries instead of striking out on his own, he could have achieved so much more.
>>
Just learn how to ask to do thing at light, like adapt herself to surface she touch, learn about vibration, light and micro/macro waves :) have fun Tesla is really great.
>>
>>912215
>Thomas Morays machine. It produced like 55w of energy without a power source
From what I've read is that it was an attomic battery, they have a power source.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 594x395) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 594x395
Just use potatoes.
>>
Guys guys, stand back, I've got this shit.

1) Order a whole fuckload of germanium diodes

2) Make multiple "threads" of diodes by connecting them in series

3) Make these threads into a lattice

4) Connect this lattice to gigantic low voltage capacitor bank

There you go, actual cosmic energy collection and it'll work all the time, forever (excluding problems with the caps ofc)

This actually does work btw, it harvests energy from radio waves that we are constantly being bathed in. The problem is that it is very little energy, just a trickle.
It would EVENTUALLY pay for itself though. Eventually.
>>
>>912736
>>912956
>things that have been "conceived"
>quantum computing
>quantum computing doesn't work
It doesn't have to work to have been "conceived". The list of important things that have been conceived or discovered is pretty much endless. What you seem to be asking for is things that have been "developed".

How about regular, general purpose computing? First turing-complete computer, the ENIAC, went online a few years after Chicago Pile-1, the first nuclear reactor and the latest of those developments. Then there are a whole lot of computer-related things like silicon semiconductors, computer networking, and robots. Also, human space flight.
>>
>>914423
>series connection
dat potential
>>
>>914430
>germanium diodes
That actually sounds really fucking cool. How small an amount of energy are we talking? Like could I make a backpack out of this circuit and say charge my portable devices on the go?

Also isn't GE radioactive? Wouldn't this slowly kill me?
>>
>>914423
I have a shitload of lemons from a tree in my yard, I was thinking of making a battery from them.
>>
>>912127
Solar power is "cosmic rays"
>>
>>914701
>Also isn't GE radioactive
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanium#Isotopes
it seems to be about as radioative as banannas I guess
if it's in a bunch of diodes it's probably like walking around with a bannana all day
>>
Can we harvest energy from solar flares? From the north pole or some shit?
>>
>>912183
Tesla wanted to harness the electricity that was being produced by the planet. His towers were simply a way to collect and transmit the electricity.
>>
>>912211
>mongaloid
You might be a 'mongaloid' yourself, however Tesla was batshit crazy, he was sure smart as hell, and sure has contributed to society with some of his inventions still used today.
>>
>>912973
>podcasts
thanks for proving podcasts make you retarded.
>>
>>915398
>this fucking retard
most of germanium isotopes are stable, and unstable would sure as hell not be used in semiconductors. Fucking stop stating 'facts' you know nothing about. It really takes a special retard if you state the source you've read inadequate or not at all.
>>
>>915480
>unstable would sure as hell not be used in semiconductors.
It is, but it is so weakly radioactive that they even make radiation detectors from natural germanium. No point in wasting massive amounts of money on isotope separation.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.