[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are there any good public websites explaining the safe way to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
are there any good public websites explaining the safe way to dig out the underground of a house? for a cellar, mostly. I've been searching around but googlefu is weak
>>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=build+a+basement#
>>
>>912119
>le let me google meme

all of those results are for building underground BEFORE the house is built. I'm asking how to properly support a cavern under a house.
>>
>>912132
> i can't make a logical step from a suggestion.
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=build+a+basement+into+an+existing+property

God help anyone who lives in that house..
>>
>>912139
again, all that shit is for planning permits and converting already built basements into living space.
>>
>>912113
Google "retro digging a basement," related search listed as "digging a basement under existing house."
>>
>>912153
thanks

i knew there was a key word missing in all my searches.
>>
>>912154
No problem, was it the "digging" or the "basement" causing you consternation? Don't forget, you'll need a shipping container or two to do the job right.
>>
>>912157
Kek
>>
>>912157

This post has tickled me in a way that I have never felt before.
>>
>>912113
My father in law did exactly this. I can ask about it. If I recall correctly he just dug the dirt out like with a shoveƶ and carried it out. Was shit scared all the time that the house would collapse...
>>
>>912113
good public websites?
OP, how would websites know the house plan, the age of the house and how fat the tenants are?
>>
File: image.jpg (285 KB, 962x642) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
285 KB, 962x642
>what's the worst that could happen?
>>
>>912638

Is that in London?

Was just reading an article about the growing popularity of basements (sometimes multi-story) and all the associated cock-ups with their construction. It may be that some neighborhoods don't have the best soil for digging basements.

To OP: Talk to a geotechnical engineer (or a civil) about your soil conditions and any measures you will have to take to prevent cave-ins. With the load of a house on top, the soil will be more likely to move if you don't support it properly.
>>
>>912638
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.