[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi diy. I want to buy a few hundred grammes of sodium persulfate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: sodium_persulfate_solution.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sodium_persulfate_solution.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Hi diy. I want to buy a few hundred grammes of sodium persulfate but I can only source it in 50kg sacks. location republic of ireland. halp!
>>
You can't just go to your local electronics shop and pick up ferric chloride?
>>
>>912056
I guess I could come by it easier but I attended a class where the instructor used this stuff and it was much cleaner and easier to handle. He recommended it over ferric chloride.
>>
never mind I found some. strange I couldn't come across it before now.>>912056
thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>912057

I wholeheartedly recommend copper chloride over pretty much anything else.

The ingredients are easy to come by, it etches quickly, and it produces more of itself as you use it. I try to avoid being a fanboy of anything, but I honestly can't see much reason to use anything else.

The only downside I can think of is that, since the solution contains hydrochloric acid, it's pretty caustic. Don't spill it.
>>
The only stuff I could get was Ferric Chloride in maplin, I've never considered anything else due to FC being the only one on offer. You could try Charles Tennant in Tallaght, tell then Anon sent you ;-)

>Ferric Chloride in small quantities
>Maplin
>RS Radionics

>Sodium Persulfate in larger quantities
> http://www.charlestennant.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=200&Itemid=7
>>
Thanks all. ebay is weird with me, when i search nothing comes up then a week later lots of responses.
>>
>>912067
I'll second that.
HCl and H2O2 are both easy to get
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Xsh9J7S-g
>>
In Poland sodium persulfate is available in any electronic shop as "B327"
>>
Why do the extensive bother with old school methods and hacks to achieve a modest result when it is possible to order small batches of PCBs from china, you have solder resist, silk screen, HASEL or ENIG finish and high resolution of tracks. more important VIAS!!!

one could also make 4 or more layer pcbs.

Its is not that expensive anymore, 10 PCBs that is 5x5cm or ~2x2" for ~9$
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.