[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about buying a pressure washer. My question is how much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: Pressure_Wash.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
Pressure_Wash.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
Thinking about buying a pressure washer. My question is how much PSI is enough to get dried paint off of brick/concrete/asphalt?
>>
Well, depends on some factors

Wich Ground material?
Wich Paint?
Fres or old paint?
Damaged or perfectly fine paint?

without that its hard to tell, but 2030 psi (140 Bar) would do a nice job to most things.

The way you apply this force counts too.

So if you got a washer tip wich squirls, it puts the force in an angle on the Material, wich increases Effect.
>>
>>911739
Like2000-2400. Paint off asphalt sucks usually you end up just tearing the asphalt up and blowing the top layer away.-- removed USA markings for a year with a pressure washer
>>
Check out spinner tips for your pressure washer too. Usually you can use a lower psi more effectively and less risk of damaging the surface of what you're blowing off
>>
What kind of pussy needs to BUY one of these?
>>
Check your local pawn shops. I got a 2500psi washer for $80. If you have the funds go for one that will push 3000+ psi. . Chemicals are more reliable to remove paint from your concrete because youll start to eat away the concrete even with a 2500 washer.
>>
File: image.jpg (229 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
229 KB, 768x1024
I bought this bad boy a while back, the pressure is adjustable from 2300 to 3100 psi. Fucking love it. A little pricy but it's DEFINITELY a long term purchase so I could justify it. Goddamn my driveway looks amazingly white. Got rid of that black algae no problem. Also pressure washed the fences and blasted the gray algae out of them, they look brand new again.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Generac-3-100-PSI-2-8-GPM-OneWash-Variable-Speed-Gas-Pressure-Washer-6602/205143587
>>
File: image.jpg (617 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
617 KB, 2048x1536
>>914859
Here's what it looks like, you can see the fence on the left still needs doing.
>>
>>914860
Here's what the fence looks like after being pressure washed to remove the algae. Looks brand new again.
>>
File: image.jpg (718 KB, 1432x1888) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
718 KB, 1432x1888
>>914862
>>
>>914864
That is quite impressive actually
>>
>>914864
NEAT.
>>
>>911739
totally worth it. I bought a gas power one and it's great. don't get electric ones cause they suck.

you can use it for everything. cleaning siding, wood like >>914864 did. Also good for cleaning car engines and shit.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.