[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got bookcase like this. I want to hide stuff i got inside.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: bookcase.jpg (10 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
bookcase.jpg
10 KB, 500x500
I got bookcase like this. I want to hide stuff i got inside. Was thiking about getting some kind of curtain but im also thinking about some cardboard doors. I never seen anything like that though. Any of you have some ideas or examples to inspire me?
>>
>>910675
try a door

or drawer

or hidden room to put it in

really this is not new, the wheel and all the cousins has been invented

just make a god damn door
>>
They will be too heavy (doors) i suppose. Thats why i was thinking about cardboard ones but never seen any examples.
>>
>>910675
google pantry cabinet.

>>910678
No, plywood or a frame and panel door would be like 5-10 lbs. If too heavy, instead of having one door, it would be split up, so you'd have two or three.
A concern for the doors though, is that you may need to screw the bookshelf to the wall, because when pulled open, that tall thin guy may tilt forward.
>>
>>910678
>have not seen bookcases with doors

what the fuck go to ikea
>>
>>910683
There is no possibility to screw this to the wall. I need some easyand cheap solution.
>>910684
This is quite old bookcase. When i got it i was happy with it and now i would like it to be closed somehow. And i dont want to throw it away and buy new one.
>>
>>910675
If you don't want a door
And are set on cardboard then get cardboard and duct tape that shit all to your case
If you want a shit looking case with cardboard doors I say go all the way.
>>
Pizza box lids and duct tape.
>>
>>910718
DOUBLE LAYER PIZZA BOX and duct tape
>>
File: 50273566.jpg (5 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
50273566.jpg
5 KB, 290x290
>>910675
How deep are the shelves?
>pic related would be the easiest

Otherwise you can stop in grocery stores in the morning. They have tons of cardbord boxes. Find some that will fit. Or get some of the laundry detergent boxes to cut up. Those boxes are much sturdier.

Personally i made a bunch of box drawers by getting some sheets of fiber board. I cut the panels to size for the drawers. Then i cut 1/2" square strips to length to fit inside the corners. Glue and staples held everything together. It went together extremeley fast and cheap. Theyve also held up over the 15 years ive had them.
>>
If you're looking for somewhere to hide something for a bit of quirky fun, then certainly might work out alright.

If you're looking to seriously conceal stuff from anyone other than friends and family, it's not going to work. They'll go through your place and will know every trick in the book to hiding shit. You're up against centuries of people more desperate and intelligent than you being found out and recorded.
>>
>>910675
depends on what you want to hide. If it's thin enough, make one shelf openable from a hole in the bottom. If you've seen the hidden drawer cabinet trick, it's like that. It might look slightly suspicious as a normal shelf though. That base at the bottom looks doable though.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.