[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me build a drone that can be controlled by smartphone. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (479 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
479 KB, 2048x1152
Help me build a drone that can be controlled by smartphone. I don't see too many of those built. Completely new to building drones, any good guides?
>>
>>910599
Wow.

1. 'UAV', not 'drone'. UAV.
2. Google this before posting.
>>
>>910608
>UAV
multiroter
>>
>>910622
>multiroter
quadcopter
>>
>>910599
>controlled by smartphone
If you had any experience with RC-Flight you would know this is a shit idea.
>>
>>910651
if youre gonna do it via phone ur best bet is via wifi, and thats still shit. the only way to justify doing it with phone is if u make the copter small enough to fly in doors.
>>
If you want to be taken seriously, don't call it a drone.
>>
>>910599
>pls give me building ideas so i can make money of of them.
>i am also lazy and dont know what i am talking about
That is what you sound like, so no.
>>
Easy. Make sex drone. Dial 877-CUM-SLUT
>>
>>910651
What about the AR Parrot?
>>
>>910822
What about it? It's objectively shit.
>>
>>910842
Why?
>>
What does /diy/ think of this drone?
>https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1364595768/anura-the-beginning-of-the-drone-era-for-the-masse
>>
>>910667
Would it be possible to have a separate device in reach that's communicating Rx/Tx with UAV that's connected to smartphone via Bluetooth or Wifi, so the phone can control it?
>>
>>910822
I had one

it glitched on the 4th flight and would not stop going up into the sky never to be seen again
>>
To the comunicating, you can use a RF434 (but it is too much vulnerable to interference) or a xbee.
I don't know if the xbee is more expensive than a wifi module.
>>
>>910623
>quadcopter
Freedom copter
>>
>>910937
>Would it be possible to have a separate device in reach that's communicating Rx/Tx with UAV that's connected to smartphone via Bluetooth or Wifi, so the phone can control it?

if you are going to go thru this much trouble just use a goddamn remote control.. jeez
>>
>>910860
Looks DOA. Why?
>>
>>910608
Now that's what I all autism!
>>
File: IMG_097.jpg (50 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_097.jpg
50 KB, 960x960
Its very very easy to do, Just get a APM2.7 with the 433Mhz telemetry. it allows you to operate the drone from a basestation app on your android phone.

http://planner.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-choosing-a-ground-station/

I've done it on mine and i have multiple ways of controlling it, 2.4Ghz, 433Mhz and a GroundStation computer.

This thread has gone full retardmode.
>>
>>912058
BUT WHY. just get a proper transmitter
>>
>>912276
... Are you joking? i have a proper transmitter... i just also have the option to make it automated. fly programmed routes etc... managed by a base station pc or tablet/phone. or just real 2.4ghz

Its far more complex and superior to just regular 2.4 and only that..
>>
>>912058
I thought I was the bad guy in this thread just because I'm UAV illiterate. Thank you senpai for not hurting my feelings!
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.