[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to slow down shedding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Snapchat-7559364485770591240.jpg (877 KB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-7559364485770591240.jpg
877 KB, 1440x2392
My sister is out the country for 16 months and asked if I would bring her cat to my house to watch it.

This thing sheds like a mother, and I live in a very cold climate and I don't keep it hot in my house.

Anyway to cut back on the shedding?
>>
1. Tell your sister you've got better things to be doing with your time.

2. Put the cat in a shelter until the last day your sister come back

3. Keep the cat out doors.
>>
>>
>>910532
I actually tried that with my beard trimmer but her hair is so thick it doesn't get through it
>>
>>910530
>and I live in a very cold climate and I don't keep it hot in my house.
i dont understand the significance

my parents have long haired cats and it gets fucking everywhere
now they each get extensively brushed twice a day to stop it falling out all over the furniture and a special vacuum cleaner just to clean the brushing station. seems crazy now i think about it.

still occasionally find animal hairs in my food when i visit though. ffs.
>>
>>910536
now, dont be doing that.. had main coons (as pic) - you pretty much fucked, jist, need to learn to like cats. Can also try a FURminator, google it up - seem to get good reviews, but, so does everything else nowadays. That, and vacuum lotz.
>>
>>910538
I thought when it was colder cats shed less. I keep it pretty cold in my house
>>
>>910530
>Anyway to cut back on the shedding?

Take a half hour everyday brushing the shit out of the cats hair.
You arent going to stop shedding, if you brush out the loose hair every day or two it will stop the hair from taking over your house.
>>
>>910539
FURminator a shit
it doesnt get the underneath hairs. use a metal comb like

http://www.amazon.com/Safari-W563-Safari%C2%AE-Shedding-Comb/dp/B0002AQUSE

comb tail to head, be forewarned kitty wont like it at first. also feed it indoor cat foods.
>>
File: 142316987513.jpg (9 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
142316987513.jpg
9 KB, 355x355
>>910541
>half hour
kek I have a longhair cat and he only needs to be brushed for like 3 minuets a day. OP If the cat is longhair and you don't brush them they will get clumps in their fur and they will smell bad.

Get one of these menacing looking things if that happens.
>>
>>910532
Looks like that cat got so angry it just stroked out.
>>
File: free_pussy.jpg (251 KB, 1440x1313) Image search: [Google]
free_pussy.jpg
251 KB, 1440x1313
>>910530
>>
>>910603
>3 minuets a day
>365 days a day year
>1095 minute a year
>average of 15 year lifespan for cats
>16,425 minutes per cat.
>11.40 days of non-stop time for brushing 1 cat.

I know someone that has 16 indoor cats and brushes them all everyday, but it takes like 3 hours, not 48 mins.
>>
>>910530
Go to /an/
>>
>>911261
It reduces stress and gives people something to do.
Its a good thing.
>>
>>911261
Buy them a good brush for christmas. Plus it's pretty fun and I treat it like am just playing with the cat.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.