[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NFC Stickers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: NFC-Tag[1].jpg (60 KB, 645x441) Image search: [Google]
NFC-Tag[1].jpg
60 KB, 645x441
I'm about to receive my first NFC stickers, do you guys use them? Let's post our usages

I'm going to use them with my phone and tasker to automate all sort of stuff, like turning my wifi off with a sticker on my door, silence my phone at work and other similar stuff.

Technically I could do anything that could be done with a phone and tasker so I'm looking for interesting creative usages, got anything?
>>
Go shill your shit somewhere else.
>>
>>910278
the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>910275
>automate all sort of stuff
>put eyesore stickers everywhere to replace a 3 second action

i dont know man i think it is stupid but i dont wanna hurt your feelings
>>
>>910283
well, I got so lazy that I don't bother toggling my shit manually anymore
>>
Got the ones in pic related 2 or so years ago now, they're fun to stick around.
Kinda got bored once I implanted one into my hand. Cool for sharing your contact info though.
>>
>>910305
Could be a neat feature in business cards.

How do you add information to these?
>>
I keep one at my office, swipe when I get to work to silence the phone and turn bluetooth off, swipe it again when I leave for viceversa. Nothing too creative.
>>
>>910352
Why not have your phone just do that when it detects the office's wifi? Then you'd have to swipe it zero times a day instead of twice.

Actually, why are you turning bluetooth off?
>>
>>910370
not that anon but wifi detection is pretty annoying, the phone would have to constantly scan for the network.

While traveling I don't want to keep my wifi always on and just wasting my battery, I'd rather do it right when I need it.

Also using applications like lama to check for phone cells is not very precise and requires yet another app to run in the background, wasting more battery.

I already have tasker always running doing other stuff so I'm not adding any more overhead

>>910347
you can use a free app to push text to the chip memory and then you can set up a password and prevent further modifications
>>
>>910389
>the phone would have to constantly scan for the network.
The phone does that anyway. How d'you think it knows to connect to it?
>>
>>910275
I keep one on the back of my work badge that I scan to track hours worked. Also turns on Bluetooth and sets volume lower.
Scan again to clock out and turn off Bluetooth/increase volume.

Previously I had a "drive mode" one I scanned when I got in my car, but as Android's voice actions improved I stopped using it.
>>
File: image_5.jpg (37 KB, 447x400) Image search: [Google]
image_5.jpg
37 KB, 447x400
>>910278
>he thinks nfc stickers are proprietary
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.