[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tricep dip equalizer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: dipstation.jpg (24 KB, 280x275) Image search: [Google]
dipstation.jpg
24 KB, 280x275
What's a good size for PVC to make a homemade tricep dip equalizer such as this one?
>>
None, that's retarded. Get a cheap mig and steel before you break your wrists.
>>
>>909521
so basically make it out of metal instead or rip my wrists
>>
>>909530
Yes
>>
File: 4L_5uNbU6cF.jpg (25 KB, 500x502) Image search: [Google]
4L_5uNbU6cF.jpg
25 KB, 500x502
What does equaliser mean in this context?
>>
>>909515
When will the pvc meme stop?

It is not designed for load bearing applications.

If you really want to build this easily then black pipe is much better for loading. For even more durability you can weld it all together after you get it fitted.

Most home stores will cut and thread for little to no cost.
>>
You could use PVC. Would have to fill with concrete thou.
>>
You can buy a dip stand for $50 on Amazon. I don't see how a /diy/ project of this would be cheaper or more fun.
>>
>>909596
I don't see why this would need welded. If it gets a little loose, screw it in. It ain't like it's for commercial application.
>>
>>909726
>I don't see why this would need welded.
I didnt say it needed to be welded, only that being steel, you could if you wanted to
>>
>>909740
Oh.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qDRgZk5RqQ
>>
>>909515
Use metal pipes instead. It'll cost around $100. PVC stress fatigues and changes with temperatures. They break when you least expect them to break. You can use steel gas pipe. Just thread it together. I suggest using thread tape as it will help you loosen and tighten the pieces should you want to dismantle it.
>>
>>909596
He may not even need to have it cut. They sell threaded pipe in a shit ton of lengths.
>>
>>909950
Exactly what >>909942 I was thinking. I've made several things with pre-threaded and pre-cut pipe joints. Then again, having the hardware store cut and thread stuff for you doesn't cost must either.
>>
>>909530

Fill it with cement to give it support.

Cement + pvc is cheaper than welder and steel

Probably wont last a long time but for time being untill you can figure something else out it should work ok.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.