[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made these nukacola bottles. What do you think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 20151201_204434.jpg (597 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20151201_204434.jpg
597 KB, 2048x1152
I made these nukacola bottles. What do you think?
>>
Nice, i would have gone with all curved coke bottles personally but thats just me.

Seriously dude, nice work, ive got a soft spot for fallout props so a nuka cola bottle is allways a winner in my book.

Plans for any more props?
>>
>>909397
Very nice.

Just water and a light or did you add colouring?
>>
So... you printed off labels, glued them to soda bottles, and shined light through them?
>>
>>909397
How did you shine the light through it? I'm thinking of something similar for a different project.
>>
>>909461
Yes it was just water and light for most of them. The quartz one in the middle left was a weird mix of frost gatoraid and very watered down green food coloring.
>>
>>909505
I built a stand out of some supplies I got at homedepot and michals. The stand is mostly made up of a battery powered set of led christmas lights , 3 2 inch pvc pipe cuplings which fit the bottom of the bottles perfectly , a chrome toggle switch and a wooden box I found at michals . I drilled holes under the pvc pipe fittings and then fed up the lights . I then added the toggle switch because I thought It made it feel more authentic and just felt right.
>>
>>909399
I haven't decided yet. I was thinking of reworking this one to be able to plug it in to a wall and use it as a lamp full time. I just don't know too much about electricity and don't want to set my apartment on fire.
>>
>>909614
Yeah thats fair enough.

Did you make the labels yourself or just use some online resources, i know theres heaps of printable labels floating around now.
>>
>>909616
Sadly i Just used some online ones.
>>
>>909397
Nerd.
>>
File: 20151202_203427.jpg (613 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20151202_203427.jpg
613 KB, 2048x1152
>>909622
Hey that's not very nice
>>
>>909609
Might want to add a bunch of salt/vinegar or something to that one; it won't look as good when moldy.
>>
>>909620
Whaddaya mean sadly? The resource is there, you might as well use it, theres no shame in that bro. You still had to make the damn things, full marks for that in my book.

Id be bloody tempted to try and give the labels a coat of gloss or semi gloss finish, ive had good results with a few coats of watered down pva glue in the past (caution though it does make some inks run/bleed) , just makes it look a little less printer papery and more production line labely. also, if your game, you could try weathering them a bit, to really give em that genuine wasteland feel, theres a bunch of tutorials and shit on youtube, i cant help but feel they look just a little to "clean" at the moment. Even still, great work little maker, keep it up.
>>
You should use corn syrup, it illuminates way better than water
>>
>>909664
Thank you that means alot.
>>
>>909693
I will look in to that tonight
>>
I've been saving half a dozen Coca Cola bottles and a ton of bottlecaps for a similar project. My plan is to use tonic water and a blacklight - I've been told Quinine fluoresces under blacklight, and pictures certainly seem to support this, and it even glows the same colour as 'Quantum should. Can anyone confirm this?
>>
>>909664
>maker
back to cripplechan with you faggot.
>>
>>909815
>ha ha look he used a word and i called him out on it.
>look guys, look im implying hes from somewhere else, he isnt one of us, we should shun him and shit

Dude...why be such a needless jerk?

Sorry to derail a bit.
>>
>>909819
Anon loves pointless insults.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.