[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i diy a treestand for a 8' xmas tree.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10
File: christmas-tree-stand-bad.jpg (20 KB, 352x288) Image search: [Google]
christmas-tree-stand-bad.jpg
20 KB, 352x288
how do i diy a treestand for a 8' xmas tree.
>>
>>909084

those stands are fucking horrible. I hate them with a passion
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (19 KB, 297x216) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
19 KB, 297x216
>>909084
I know some one that sells these. It is just a pipe with a metal plate welded to the bottom and holes for nails/screws/bolts. They look better than this one and are painted green. They are heavy and rugged.
>>
>>909086
Those stands are supposed to have boards of proper length screwed to the bottom... (hence the holes in the feet) and are kept as small as possible for storage reasons... Now explain to me how they are so bad..?
>>
>>909088
>how they are so bad..
your defending the indefensible, anon - even if using them 'properly', still about as effective as planting the thing in a fucking ashtray, they suck balls, srsly.

Speaking of planting in ashtray tho.. OP, big bucket, few bits of wood screwed either side of the tree for stability, fill with gravel, cover with redshit, sing Hallelijua, etc. - tried, trusted, proven, done.
>>
>>909087
I'd have gone with three bolts, but nice.
>>
>>909088

trying to get those 4 fucking legs to stay even in the slots while you attach that fucking ring at the top and attempt to screw the bolts in at the same time. if you slip and it moves you have to readjust it again and align everything up again

fuck these stupid stands pieces of shit if I ever see someone with one of these stands I will kick their ass and then rip down their fucking tree
>>
>>909086
>>909084

I use one of those every year.
As you get older you develop more spatial awareness and get better at doing things.

Underage detected.
>>
>>909180
I've had them bend once the tree was up and fall over. They are really cheap.
>>
>>909180
>I use one of those every year.
- so tell us, anon - you a Bonsai, or plastic man then?

>because real men know real shit when they see it.

>Underage detected..
- not him either, but, fuck off with that - no age too young or old to realise, they are fucking aberrations what belong in product design's 8th circle of Hell. And fuck apologists like yourself as well, you probably sell the useless cunts to other poor unfortunates, just to ruin their fucking Christmas entirely as well.
>>
>>909086
It depends.
The modern ones are made of aluminum or stamped tin.
I've got one from the 80's that is solid fucking steel. Bitch is solid.
>And as someone said, screws and shit in modern day ones.
>>
File: livingchristmastree[1].jpg (64 KB, 400x613) Image search: [Google]
livingchristmastree[1].jpg
64 KB, 400x613
get a tree that still has its root ball and you can plant after the holiday.
>>
>>909088
My family had 3 of those growing up. Every one of them had bent bolts.
>>
>>909084
>Bucket
>Insert tree
>Insert rocks

Works every time. Dad did it when I was a kid and I do it now. Tree stands are a waste of time and money.
>>
>>909084
old drum with ten bricks in it

used it for twenty years
>>
>>910695
my nigga
>>
I have one like this and it works well. Has spikes on the bottom to jab the tree onto. Only problem was this year the trunk was oddly narrow, so i added in some wood wedges
>>
>>910659
this thread is giving horrifying flashbacks of christmas's from long ago
>>
>>910998
>jams reluctantly solid Xmas tree onto spike
>searches for wooden wedges, because.
>STILL get to kekoo around with bolts, and plastic and fuckknowswhat, while attempting keep tree centred..

- $50 buys you a lot of bucket-n-bricks-n-beer.
>>
>>909084
4 plywood triangles and 12 - 3" screws
>>
File: 1406695022341.png (160 KB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
1406695022341.png
160 KB, 320x272
>>911000
those trips are giving me a pretty horrible flashback right now
>>
>>909084
get a big bucket, put tree in said bucket, level it and fill bucket with sand. If it's a big tree then put legs on the bucket so it won't tip. I use this same method for poring 4X4 posts in without concrete.
>>
File: 3_JAW_LATHE_CHUCK.jpg (41 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
3_JAW_LATHE_CHUCK.jpg
41 KB, 550x550
we use this
>>
File: Tub-FastSettingCement-421x5191.jpg (40 KB, 421x519) Image search: [Google]
Tub-FastSettingCement-421x5191.jpg
40 KB, 421x519
Easy.
>>
>>909086
I have used a stand similar to this for over 30years. The same stand. Never have I had an issue and never had my tred been uneven or toppled over (even with cats being dicks and climbing them)
I don't understand your issue....
>>
>>911244
This.
Why does everyone want to over complicate things on here?
>>
>>911658
> not centering your tree properly
Use a 4 jaw.
Or turn it I guess.
>>
File: treestand.jpg (1 MB, 4308x3276) Image search: [Google]
treestand.jpg
1 MB, 4308x3276
Does anyone DIY anymore?
>>
>>911694
..aka the 'I fucking told you, use shorter screws, ffs!'' technique.
>>
>>911707
>risking the chance of the tree falling over
>wanting the tree sliding around on the floor
>not wanting maximum stability
>>
File: jew_basic.jpg (19 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
jew_basic.jpg
19 KB, 220x220
>>912783
>Yes, buy my $20 plastic tree stand.
>Your life will be in danger with out it.
>>
>>912787
No. I was defending the DIY model with long screws used.
>>
>>911694
That needs a margarine container for the tree to sit in that can be filled with water to allow the tree to last longer.

>>912787
Screws that are too long would be digging into that wood floor. That's the joke.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.