[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Projects!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9
File: 20151130_192004.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151130_192004.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
Share your projects here with us!
I just made a lock for my desk drawer. I don't really need it but it pissed me off that it didnt have a lock. I wasn't really sure how to do it but ended up drilling a single hole through both the desk and the drawer where i insert a hex key to stop the drawer from moving, and I mounted some metal brackets on top of it with a padlock. Had to do some filing but it took me about 30 minutes.
Pic related
>>
File: 20151130_192035-1.jpg (3 MB, 2750x1818) Image search: [Google]
20151130_192035-1.jpg
3 MB, 2750x1818
>>908493
This is what it looks like while opened. Kinda potato quality but you get the idea.
>>
File: mm.jpg (6 KB, 240x181) Image search: [Google]
mm.jpg
6 KB, 240x181
>>908493
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwicked
>>
>>908493
Uhh, anyone with a screwdriver can get in to that, then make it look like it was never opened.
My advice would be to use a rounded head bolt and nut.
>>
>>908493
They make things called plunger or pushbutton locks. Basically a cylinder that slides in to a hole in the drawer to be secured and locks. Key is used to pop plunger out. All screws and mounting hardware are installed from the inside of the cabinet (so, secure).
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 640x640
>>908493
>>908974
The correct way to ghetto it is to screw a mending plate to the drawer frame, and then slide the padlock through the outmost hole.

The drawer can't come out because the padlock is in the way, and the plate can't be unscrewed because the drawer is in the way.
>>
>>908646
Yeah i know. If you are looking for security then this is not the way to go. My toolbox is litterally right below my drawer so you could strike it with a hammer and you're in. I just wanted to keep the other people in the house away from my stuff. But maybe i should file away some of the screws so that you cant use a screwdriver on it
>>
>>908991
nah, just make it tamper evident. cover the screwheads with glue. hot glue would be easiest.
or masking tape, write on it, then use a knife to slice it to ribbons so it would be REALLY fucking hard to take off and put back right.
>>
>>909029
Good idea! Thanks
>>
>>908493
handicap
>>
File: lock.jpg (297 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
lock.jpg
297 KB, 1600x1600
>>
>>909117
I made this because i found a padlock. If i wanted to spend money on this it would not have been done the way i did.

Last night i realized that i am kind of an idiot because the drawer above is not locked, so i had to drive a screw through it to stop it from going all the way out.
>>
File: IMG_20151202_171827.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151202_171827.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
made this light.
>>
File: 12250138586.jpg (62 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
12250138586.jpg
62 KB, 960x540
Does trade school stuff count?
>>
>>909460
Yep.
That looks pretty damn good too.
>>
>>909473
>>
Currently designing an interior lighting system based on motion sensor that can be interchanged with other 3d models of the design.

End goal is an interchangable slide mount that is indirect and solar powered lighting.
I think it's time we move on from light switches and bulky bulbs.

Downside, I have no experience in this.
Just ambitious about a project.

Plan on working it around arduino and 3d printing to make it cheap and cost efficient
>>
>>909460
You put the hasp on incorrectly.
>>
File: Final Hexapod 1.jpg (3 MB, 3200x1824) Image search: [Google]
Final Hexapod 1.jpg
3 MB, 3200x1824
My senior year project. Designed the body in AutoCAD. Got the parts cut out from acrylic using a laser cutter. Spray painted.

It has 20 servos. 3 in each leg (18) and 2 for the webcam (panning and tilting). The servos are controlled using a self designed serial servo controller (uses the dead time to update the next servo and so on). It receives signals over UART from the onboard BBB. The BBB has the main program running that receives controls from the computer over WiFi and calculates the angles for each servo on the fly using inverse kinematics (IK) equations depending upon the gate. You can move it in any direction from rest. Also it can lift its body up or down to pass over obstacles. It is powered by 2 12V lithium polymer batteries. It has buck boost converters to regulate the voltage along with low voltage cut-off/shut down circuitry.
>>
>>911175
And that is what you can call stepping it up. Seriously impressed dude. Upload a video of it!
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.