[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't really know where to ask this so feel free to point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: lel.jpg (641 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
641 KB, 2048x1536
I don't really know where to ask this so feel free to point me in the right direction but how do you convert video files onto a tape?
>>
>computer output to VCR input
>play video on computer
>record on VCR
>>
>>908279
Lol. Usually people are transferring stuff from tape to files.

There are lots of ways of doing this.You will need a VCR of course. Depending on its age it will have various video inputs on the back. I would recommend using composite video.

One option is that you get a VGA to composite converter like this:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TV-RCA-Composite-S-Video-AV-In-To-PC-Mac-VGA-Lcd-Out-Converter-Adapter-Box-Black-/281762308111?hash=item419a57a00f:g:FN8AAOSw3ydVu0C~

And then get a 3.5mm jack to Left right audio cord like this: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/3-5-mm-STEREO-AUDIO-JACK-TO-RCA-ADAPTER-CABLE-5FT-GOLD-/390318011925?hash=item5ae0c43615:g:GfQAAOxyzxJR6Oef
>>
>>908282
>>908284
Thank you.
>>
>>908284
Note that you have to output the correct color format and refresh rate, or you'll end up with a video that only plays on VCRs from another country.

Most VCRs just dump the composite-video signal straight onto the tape, so they'll happily record a tape they themselves can't play back.
>>
>>908279
get an adapter
>>
>get an adapter

I second this! Get a doohickey that does the thing you wanna do.
>>
>>908296
>Most VCRs just dump the composite-video signal straight onto the tape

No, they don't do that. They separate the luma and the chroma and encode them on different carriers and modulations. But certainly they're not going to detect NTSC/PAL/SECAM for you.
>>
>>908837
Though clearly they can encode their chosen format, because that's what they do when you record RGB.
>>
>>908823
op probably already has one that came with something else. I have boxes of cords and adapters and stuff. Check your junk box for the right combination of cords and adapters.
>>
Does anyone know why when I play a VCR tape and input to my computer that I only get sound in one speaker?
>inb4 mono sound (and no other explanation)
>>
>>908876
But mono sound.

Analogue TV is mono, unless it has a NICAM track, which is digital and encoded with the picture.

If you're getting your mono recorded as a stereo track where one channel is muted, that's you fucking up somewhere.
>>
>>908279
>go on ebay
>find a professional editing deck with firewire used
>most modern comp mobos have a firewire port (1394)
>most modern NLE software like premiere or vegas support export to tape functions
>if looking to mass produce, pro deck gives better results for many copies

Even though this would be a viable diy route, I bet you could find duplication services that would be pretty damn cheap for VHS if you are mass producing.

If not, just get a converter like others have said and a cheapo VCR.

There's been a weird resurgence of VHS in low budget horror, so there may be services geared specifically towards that.
>>
>>908279
Any chance you could give us an idea about what the need is for vhs? I'm intrigued.
>>
>>908876

>>908931
what this guy said

OP this is easy to fix. to make your audio track stereo - dump the whole sound file into Audacity. split into two channels. done. instant stereo from mono.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.