[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OK so how to turn pic related into its own separate switch that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 203x248) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 203x248
OK so how to turn pic related into its own separate switch that I can use to control a train horn for my 2000 Volkswagen Golf
>>
>>907180
That sounds fucking dumb. And it's a switch, put in line with power.
>>
>>907180
Change the wiring. Make sure its rated for the amount of amps you are going to put through it to power the horn its going to of you will melt it or the wires going to it and possible start a fire.
>>
>>907183
Kill yourself...
>>907184
It only needs to control a 12v switch wired to an air valve to dump air from a tank into the horn
>>
>>907184
It doesn't have wire leads it's made to fit a plug from the wire harness I want to wire it as its own separate thing separate from the wire harness
>>
you can either get a soldering iron and solder, or some female spade terminals of the correct size.
>>
File: dopeassswitch.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
dopeassswitch.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>907180
>2015
>putting a switch on your airhorn...
>not using pic related
pleb
>>
>>907203
Lol the whole idea is to use one of the existing holes in my dash and not having some ugly ass stupid ass switch leaving a hole in the interior of my car
>>
>>907200

To answer your question, big tittied teddy bear is probably the worst that I know of.

and btw, pinatas are definitely old as fuck. i receieved my copy of GLover from one. beat it in an hour
>>
>>907180
You should probably use a momentary switch instead of a latching switch.
>>
>>907180
>Air horn
>Old VW Golf

Reported for underage
>>
are you ruining your hazard switch for this?
>>
>>907204
no, no it is not.

if you are putting an airhorn into your car then the idea is to be the kind of douche that has a fucking airhorn in their car.

besides you could always put a black plastic shroud around that toggle switch to make it look neat and tidy in your dash.
>>
>>907397
i doubt it as there are blank holes in my own golf dash. i suspect he just bought a dash switch from a breakers. he should use a relay though.
>>
>>907400
I wouldn't be so sure, he wants a goddamn train horn in his car. For all you know he first tried to replace the brake pedal with it but that was too much work.
>>
>>907394
Train horn>air horn
>>
>>907671
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fUtYEZwgXk
>>
Just popping in to let you know most places this is illegal. To no one's surprise horns are regulated as much as the other parts of your car. I'm not sure about it being auxiliary, but I would look it up in your area before wasting any time.
>>
>>907847
Not replacing main horn
so it falls under noise ordinance
>>
probably illegal
also what do you mean "pic related into its own separate switch?" it's a switch right now.
>>
>>907847
>>908018
Hardly.

Vehicle regs state what you must have, not what you can't have.

You could probably *use* a horn to break a law, but simply having one is happy-clappy. If adding stuff to your vehicle's electrics were illegal, satnavs and radios would be illegal. If having a train horn were illegal, trains would be illegal.
>>
>>908033
>Vehicle regs state what you must have, not what you can't have.
that's wrong.
>radar detectors
>various extraneous lights
>>
>>908037
Radar detectors are either illegal per se, or legal per se.

You also can't fit your car with a grenade launcher.
>>
When I put a badass horn in my truck, I bought one of those nondescript silver toggle switches from the hardware store and drilled some holes in one of those round containers electrical tape comes in to screw it into. The whole works was then wired up and wedged into the dash. I don't think this helps OP, but I thought it was pretty cool.
>>
>>908057
I'd be willing to bet that a surprising amount of places are a ok with the launcher.. but you can't put actual grenades in it.....
>>
>>908213
In the USA, I'd expect it would be a Destructive Device, as it is a projectile-expelling device "the barrel ... of which [has] a bore of more than one-half inch in diameter".
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.