[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /diy/ I know this might not be the most correct board to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: download_20151124_191633.jpg (239 KB, 1458x1944) Image search: [Google]
download_20151124_191633.jpg
239 KB, 1458x1944
Hey /diy/ I know this might not be the most correct board to post this on but I figure you guys are probably the most likely to be able to help me out. Somebody found this doohicky at work today, any idea what it could be?
>>
>>905853
It's part of a urinal cake holder. I think EcoLab made that style.
>>
honkey thats an afro pick
>>
File: 105626.jpg (371 KB, 1200x828) Image search: [Google]
105626.jpg
371 KB, 1200x828
>>905853
It is probably a piece to a lockout/tagout system.

When a qualified person operates on a component, especially electrical components, he will lock it, by putting a lock through one of those holes and tag it.

just my guess
>>
>>905854
Although this would be hilarious, I can't seem to find any that resemble our piece
>>905921
This seems more plausible, but everything I'm finding looks much heavier, like they're constructed with metal and coated with rubber. This thing is just a hunk of super solid plastic or something
>>
for the old 13-person lockout tagout needs?

it looks like its either fiberglass, or that odd plastic that kinda looks like it. Id guess a spacer that fits between something expensive and metal.
>>
That my friend is a portable grinder. Slide it in your wallet like a card, and take it out whenever you need to mince your bud. Quite practical.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (119 KB, 1591x702) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
119 KB, 1591x702
>>905853
Jesus fuck, does anyone even know what google is anymore?

OP, it's clearly a cellphone case you dense faggot. Why the fuck are you shitting up our board with crap you could find out yourself?
>>
>>905945
Holy fuck, you're right, Anon!
Whenever I take off my glasses, they look the same, so it must be it.
>>
Subway sub club card. With that many holes you're allowed to visit Jared to watch a 12" disappear.
>>
File: problem34517.jpg (187 KB, 444x500) Image search: [Google]
problem34517.jpg
187 KB, 444x500
>>905945
>>
>>905853
No LOTO.
The sides indicate it is positioned somewhere in between. Any chance you can take a picture of the back and sideways?

Also, where did you find it?
>>
>>905998
I'll try to get better pictures tomorrow. It just came in a shipping box with a bunch of shoes in it.
Nobody here can make heads or tails of it.
>>
>>906001
it's just fucking packaging.
>>
>>905853
It's a file for your raggedy chewed up nails
>>
my bet is that it's a cover for an air vent.

the two sets of tabs on either side give it away.

you would use them to lift the cover on the vent.
>>
>>906097
This is what I initially thought, like it slipped into a vacuum or something like that. Its super clean, though.
>>
Foot pedal for a machine or a template for something.
Weave and color, fiberglass?
>>
>>905853
Looks like something related to shoe manufacturing. That is the same fiber material used to make non-metallic shoe-shanks. Basically the part of the shoe that give the sole and arch some stability and rigidity. Holes are for either glue, nails, rivets, or screws to secure/bond materials.
>>
>>905853
It's a slush plate filter from the cold side rotator of a turboencabulator. And its a fucking old one at that. I have never seen one installed but a few of the greybeards at work rage about them when they find them installed because they cause all sorts of problems when driven by modern electrons. They don't use polyflaptic oxyprene as filter material anymore as it tends to break down under its own breakdown materials unless the flow friction from the reduculating photon ports are kept in a very tight tolerance. When we do find them in the field we always check any cramb channels that have been fed by the rotator in question. 99% of the time the port scarring from the breakdown of the filter has reverse doped the channel to a point where it won't even allow Z>T migration of electrons. In a fucking cramb channel of all places. Scary shit.

Polyflaptic oxides was outlawed in the late 70's AFAIK, no idea how that part has sat around for nearly 50 years and stayed pristine, but there will definitely be a restorer online who will appreciate a factory fresh filter for his toy, to the internet anon!
>>
>>906879
This is the answer for sure, he knows what he's taking about.

Ok serious answer, does is absorb water ?
It may have been used to gas the package before it was shipped to kill everything inside. It is a common procedure for inter continental shipping.
They should have removed it, i guess someone was being lazy
>>
>>906861
Don't think so. It's far too short to be a shank, and the holes are too big and too numerous for the size of nails, screws or rivets typically used to secure a shank. Shanks tend to either be long and narrow, or if they're wide, they'll be specifically shaped to the insole of the shoe (e.g. full length plastic shanks in trekking, hunting and mountaineering boots).

I've never seen a shank that looks like that.
>>
File: 1447371041503.jpg (24 KB, 300x544) Image search: [Google]
1447371041503.jpg
24 KB, 300x544
>>906879
Wade, you're drunk.
Go home.
>>
>>906879
>In a fucking cramb channel of all places.

Old rule of thumb is "check your crambs, change your channels".
>>
>>905853
Looks to me like some insulating material out of a meter box or arc shute.
>>
>>905853

Makeshift Flyswatter.

Final answer.
>>
Kardex insert. Ran across hundreds of them on French Ebay while trying to locate a service manual for a vertical storage unit motor control PCB, of all things.
>>
>>905853
Looks like a gasket for a cheap chinese lawn mower... Something that would go between the air filter unit and carb... (as retarded as that is they do do it.)
>>
>>908424
If it came in a box of shoes, likely the shoes were in vertical storage racks before being shipped. Those are massive machines (Remember the carousel thing Wall-E had? Same idea, except for shoes) and the slots are separated by things that look nigh on exactly like that weird pink thing. There are hundreds of manufacturers, thousands of variants and tens of thousands of small accessories and miscallania associated with the vertical carousel storage systems manufactured by a few dozen companies.

That is almost certainly just something that was used during the storage/packing process at the factory the shoes were made, and fell in during packing instead of going back into the system.

Some 8y/o child was probably beaten to death over it's loss.
>>
>>908017
That's because it's a prison shank. Abbreviated design makes it harder to use as a makeshift weapon. The oversized holes are where the velcro passes through. Nails, tacks, brads, pins, screws and laces are prohibited in a penitentiary environment. Glue is not used, as cost becomes an issue. This is a shank from an article of modern prison footwear.

bobbarkershoemenswhitesz7-15.jpg
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.