[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How fix an old keyboard? I have an old keyboard Compaq SK-2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
How fix an old keyboard?

I have an old keyboard Compaq SK-2800C and the key "Ctrl" don't work.

Months ago, the keys "B", "N" and "Space" don't work neither, but when I opened the keyboard, in the membranes I saw a grey line with places where that shit grey are missing:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08/Inside_Computer_keyboard.jpg

That places was black instead grey.
I fix the problem putting a tight line of foil in that grey lines of circuits into the keyboard to complet the conection, and works, that keys now are working good.

I tried the same shit looking the lines connected with the key "Ctrl", but nothing, I can't see it a part missing of that grey line.

Help.

>b4 buy a new keyboard.

C'mon guys, is just a key.
>>
the black stuff is oxidation, ad it comes off with an eraser. do it gently, tho.
>>
>>905474
Any kind of eraser?
>>
no, not any eraser. it MUST be a Pink Pearl by Eberhard Faber, or a Mars Plastic by Staedtler.
>>
you dont have to clean the lines, just the circular contacts.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (177 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
177 KB, 1920x1080
>>905497
>>905500
Guys, this shit about the eraser is true or just a bullshit?
>>
>>905508
Just any old eraser bro. Just get a Faber Castell or something. Just get a $1 one. The softer the better.
>>
>>905510
Then just eraser the circules or all lines?
>>
File: 1393799324143.jpg (25 KB, 400x273) Image search: [Google]
1393799324143.jpg
25 KB, 400x273
>>905510
This are the strips I'm talking about:
https://www.tablix.org/~avian/blog/images2/2013/09/possible_oxidation_on_the_keyboard_matrix.jpg

Can you see that line of tone more dark?
>>
>>905526

god, but you are an insufferable aspie faggot. the contacts are obviously dirty, so clean them. the lines dont matter coz they dont have to make contact with anything else, so it doesnt matter if they're clean or dirty.
>>
>>905543
the guy doesnt want to break is vintage keyboard, suck a dick faggot
>>
EBAY has the solution.
>>
>>905543
Well they do matter because they carry the rest of the circuit.

When I see 'em like that I'd call 'em burned usually. I've had it on a couple keyboards after I spill something.

I am pretty good about jumping to pull the plug, disassembling and cleaning, but it's dead 1/2 the time because a couple tracers are burned. They look more or less like that. They traces shouldn't contact anything. You could try cleaning them, you won't do any harm that's not already there. If you erase and the trace comes off, you know it was fucked anyway.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.