[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need some advice /diy/, and my apologies if this is a stupid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: carrying-plywood.jpg (16 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
carrying-plywood.jpg
16 KB, 320x240
Need some advice /diy/, and my apologies if this is a stupid question.

So I'm building a stand for our new front end loading washing machine. I have the frame built from 2x4s, but now I need to cut the plywood for the sides and top. Problem is, I don't have a table saw. I do have a circular saw, a jig saw, and a hand saw.

I need some advice on how best to go about cutting the 4' x 8' plywood into smaller pieces (10" x 28" and 28"x28").
>>
>>904649
>circular saw
>>
Circular saw and a strait edge to but the saw against
>>
>>904651
okay, i hadn't thought of that. so I can line up a straight edge against my line held in place with clamps?

it's my first project and I don't want to screw up and have to go buy more lumber
>>
>>904653
>my line held in place with clamps?
what line?
measure the width of the foot from blade to edge of the saw
add to your cut size
line up 2x4 or anything straight along 'cut'
clamp it at both ends
>>
>>904654
Got it. Thanks for the input, anon. much appreciated.
>>
A stand for a washing machine? Do you like earthquakes?
>>
keep it low, i even screwed the little feet completely in to soften the rumble
a stand..^^
>>
In my old house i had a stand for it. no rumble. but made of concrete
>>
>>904913
Read his post. Its a front loader. Reaching into those things sucks so you raise it up a bit.
>>
File: 15 - 1.jpg (1 MB, 2612x1959) Image search: [Google]
15 - 1.jpg
1 MB, 2612x1959
>>904649
carpenter here

use a chalk line to snap a line
cut with circular saw

its not hard at all

pic related I built this gun room
>>
>>904943
That's a lot of walk-around space. Museum?
>>
>>905061
Looks like a Cabelas.
>>
>>904649
plz make a webm of your desintegrating stand when the fast spin begins. i love funny household webms
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.