[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I keep my cat from scratching my new couch? I work a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Snapchat-7559364485770591240.jpg (877 KB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-7559364485770591240.jpg
877 KB, 1440x2392
How can I keep my cat from scratching my new couch? I work a lot and don't have time to watch her all day with a spray bottle?

>I'm not going to declaw her or spank her or anything that will hurt her

Do any furniture sprays actually work?

Is there something I can wire to a motion sensor that controls a water mist or something? Any ideas?

Pic related
>>
>>904106
Buy a scratching post.
>>
they make something called a SCAT! which is a motion activated top for a bottle of canned air.... it's fucking hilarious....
>>
>>904121
Thanks
>>
File: 12957576.gif (2 MB, 369x235) Image search: [Google]
12957576.gif
2 MB, 369x235
>>904117
This. Put the scratch post near couch. Cat associates the area with you and is making its own little zone in yours to be close to you, give it one.

Get a water bottle and some treats. Squirt when it scratches the couch, treat when it scratches the post. Enjoy your new couch and somewhat less belligerent cat.
>>
Kill it with fire jk idk
>>
>>904117
This. They scratch your couch because they need to grind/sharpen off their claws on something firm, but modern apartments don't really have tree stumps so she's finding substitutes. Get her a nice scratching post.

People who declaw their cats (or purposely mutilate their pets at all for that matter) make me sick.
>>
I put stretch covers on my new couch and chair for this...
>>
boots
>>
The above options are good, but I've always used double sided tape.
Put the tape on the couch where the cat is likely to scratch, like thw side of the xhair arms. When they put their paws there to scratch, they'll hate it, and never try again.
Make sure there's something else nearby for scratching though, like the post.
>>
>>904117
>Buy a scratching post.

>What is this board again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6c42ejXxFg
>>
Double stick tape where the cat scratches
>>
>>904403
>edge lord
>also: AMT

So do you work hard to be garbage or does it come naturally?
>>
>>904384
I did this with gorilla tape. Cat fucking hated it!

Bought a cheap sofa cover, applied loops of the tape, cat stopped trying it after a few days. Left it on for a couple months while she got used to the scratching post.
>>
>>904140
>I work a lot and don't have time to watch her all day with a spray bottle
Great advice faggot
>>
>>904403
If true that's retarded, doing some whole big mafia revenge poetic bullshit for an animal that has no concept of the life other than eating and shitting. If you were really the badass you think you are then why don't you do it the same thing to any of the guys that's banging a girl you liked but would never talk to you due to the fact that you're a weird fuck.

Op, I'd cover the couch with a blanket As well the cat post and tape, just to make sure if the cat is persistent it doesn't actually get to the couch.
>>
>>905009
Right, which is why it's not a big deal to kill one. So why talk up killing one in a dramatic fashion? Google hyperbole
>>
File: jrpg-weird-weapons-013.jpg (36 KB, 500x402) Image search: [Google]
jrpg-weird-weapons-013.jpg
36 KB, 500x402
>>904403
Man, I know what you mean. There was this faggot at the gas station that was ways telling me to have a nice day. Fuck off, right? I ain't gonna let no faggot tell me what to do. So I took him out to the woods and shot him.
It's hard to be cool like us, isn't it?
Pic related
>>
>>905009
...Was that a news flash to yourself?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.