[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever tried growing mushrooms before? Seems tricky.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1436400124636.jpg (125 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1436400124636.jpg
125 KB, 1280x1024
Has anyone ever tried growing mushrooms before? Seems tricky.
>>
File: trippy_pepe.jpg (406 KB, 653x635) Image search: [Google]
trippy_pepe.jpg
406 KB, 653x635
>>903869
No, that's illegal.
>>
>>903870
I meant the culinary mushrooms.
>>
Best place to keep them-basement they will grow faster
>>
>>903895
I have no basement :(
>>
>>903912
Then make one out of shipping container.

Or just put them in the darkest coolest place you have.

Protip google home growing mushrooms, you can get starter kits for under £7.
>>
>>903916
>Or just put them in the darkest coolest place you have.
It's coming round to summer here (aus) so cool places are going to be in short supply for the near future.
>>
Will eating one recharge my batteries?
>>
>>903869
I'm cloning some shimeji tissue today and doing a spore syringe if the caps still had some to print.
>>
Not that tricky. the only real problem is mold but if you prepare the substrate correctly the mushroom will thrive.
mushroomvideos.com/ has good videos
and if you google you'll find some forums that I can't post here but they grow culinary mushrooms as well
>>
>>903954
This
>>
>>903933
Update bump (thought this thread was deleted already due to suspicious content desu).

The cloned tissue has started growing nicely on both agar and cardboard. Didn't get any spores though, guess the growers market before maturation.

>>903869
Try your hand at oysters... they are very easy. Saw a bunch of mature specimens at the market couple days ago that had started colonizing the wooden basket they were in.
>>
File: DSCN2785a.jpg (1 MB, 2048x2300) Image search: [Google]
DSCN2785a.jpg
1 MB, 2048x2300
OP, I recommend you go talk with other Homegromen: >>>/out/618806

>>903869
I grow Culinary mushrooms. Shiitake and Pearl Oyster. Both are very easy to grow. The shiitake are grown in logs using plug spawn. The pearl oyster can be grown in any cellulose-based medium from coffee grounds to sawdust to waste paper to a compost heap or garden bed straw among your vegetables.

Pic is of shiitake from an April flush. I missed the beginning so some were too old to use. I dehydrate or pressure can them for later.

>>903895
>>903916
Not really, they need ambient light to flush best.

>>903954
This. I use a home pressure canner as an autoclave for the jars of mushroom growing substrate. A lot of psychedelic mushroom tutorials are impressive and can be completely used for culinary mushrooms to great effect.

>>905027
My ultimate goal is to inoculate several local trees with chicken-of-the-woods.
>>
>>903870
Fun fact, magic mushrooms are only illegal in the US in their dried form. It's perfectly legal to grow and consume them as long as they're fresh.
>>
>>903869
not sure about cullanary, it depends on what substrate they grow on. look into the "p.f tek" method, that uses riceflower and vermiculite to make a substrate, but im sure you can adapt it.

most of it comes down to mold, so you need to sanitize everything well. if you have a pressure cooker, isopropyl, and a tub + cling wrap to make an air tight chaimber, its easy.

>>905206
you cant be growing them though. If you are in a field picking a bunch of different mushrooms its fine. if you are only picking psychadelics, its still grounds for an arrest.
>>
>>905204
>My ultimate goal is to inoculate several local trees with chicken-of-the-woods.
That's fairly easy. Collect some fruiting bodies that are sporulating. Rub them against every tree you come across. Next year: harvest. Requires patience, but it works.
>>
>>903869
Please! I have to know what kind of mushroom that is. What is it?
>>
>>905807
Shii no tomobishi-dake.
>>
>>905793
Heh, I wish it was that easy. This requires plugspawn, wax, drill, hammer, years upon years of waiting, and massive amounts of luck. Laetiporus sulphureus is an 11 on the 1-10 difficulty rating to get to flush from cultivation. It is easy to get it to spread in growing mediums, but requires special circumstances to flush.
>>
>>903917
Don't worry, you probably shouldn't put them in a cool area, anon is a fucking doofus. Optimal temp depends on variety. For example, optimal temp for b. Cubensis (sp?) Is somewhere between 70-80 degrees f.
>>
>>905845
And some you grow in your fridge like Enoki.
>>
Growing Pleurotus ostreatus:

Spawning:
Incubation Temperature: 75* F (24* C)

Primordia Formation:
Initiation Temperature: 50-60* F (10-15.6* C)

Fruitbody Development:
Temperature: 60-70* F (10-21* C)
>>
Easy. Shroomery.org
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.