[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black and Decker Matrix. Will it fly into pieces of shrapnel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: Dog_404.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Dog_404.gif
2 MB, 250x250
Black and Decker Matrix. Will it fly into pieces of shrapnel when used a lot? Do the snap on tool ends work enough for home DIY and random sorties of light work?
>>
>>903590
>Black & Decker
You know it's going to be bad, but it's just so much cheaper that it might be worth it.

Here's the deal, if you buy from a bad manufacture, you are buying bad tools.

If you want quality tools that you won't ever need to replace, don't buy a multi tool system.
>>
>>905002
>Black & Decker
>bad manufacture
Yeah, buy DeWalts... but don't look up who owns them.
>>
File: Craftsman-Bolt-on-Family.jpg (32 KB, 550x298) Image search: [Google]
Craftsman-Bolt-on-Family.jpg
32 KB, 550x298
>>903590
I bought a Matrix corded drill when it was on clearance for 15$, just to have around as a beater drill or to drive light screws.

I test drove some 1 1-2 inch wood screws through cheap plywood into a 2x4. Clutch seemed to work alright.

I will probably never buy any more attachments though.

FWIW the Lithium one is identical to the rebaged Craftsman Bolt On which has been clearanced out. You may be able to find them cheap somewhere.

If you want to use the stupid multi tool thing, youd be in much better shape buying into the Milwaukee M12 line. Their older brushed tools are cheaper than the brushless, but are still gonna be better than the BD stuff
>>
>>905046
The craftsman bolt on system was built by B&D and all the components are compatible.

I bought a b&d matrix for my mum for Christmas and she likes it and it doesn't suck the sander and oscillating tools are good enough for what you pay. I wouldn't use it as a daily driver for a carpenter. But random jobs around the house its fine. Its Probably the best b&d drill
>>
File: $_57[1].jpg (136 KB, 816x761) Image search: [Google]
$_57[1].jpg
136 KB, 816x761
These are not a new idea. Picture related. Every 10-15 years or so someone rehashs the idea and brings it out again but it never takes off. There is always some problem with it. Generally the issue is that the drill is decent but the other accessories aren't. They are either under powered or inaccurate or awkward to use, etc.
>>
File: airing_out_the_crack.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
airing_out_the_crack.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>903590
Mine has a real bad whine when you let go of the trigger and the motor slows down. It works fine, though.

Any idea what could be causing the whine?
>>
>>905011
Yea, buy BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lexus, or any luxury brand of car... But don't look up who owns them.
>Le dewalt b&d funny may may is played out.
>>
>>906125
>B&DIDF
>>
>>906133
>Made in Europe B&D
Shit was gud.
Current stuff, not really. I'd buy the simple machines, like angle grinders.
As soon as you enter the slightly gimmicky section, steer clear.
>>
>OP here
Thanks for the replies folks. I was expecting a slightly more skewed set of answers but I am pleasantly surprised to see some good discussion. Eh, it's on my xmas list and it's relatively cheap per tool snout, so it's a reasonable present suggestion. We'll see if I end up with something but I won't put my own money into the set and not something more useful like a table saw.
>>
>>906123
what is the context of this webm
>>
File: animals.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
animals.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>907250
I think he had a cramp or something. Stole it from some other anon.
>>
>>907420
A CUTEEEE
>>
File: cisgender.jpg (30 KB, 780x438) Image search: [Google]
cisgender.jpg
30 KB, 780x438
>>906123
>Any idea what could be causing the whine?
Brushes?
>>
>>907905
Would be nice if he could record it.
>>
>>907918
Bumping. Will get video when I get a chance.
>>
>>907420
animuls r dumvb
>>
>>906094

Look how his wife is looking at him like the kek he is. Would never buy.
>>
>>906123
I have one, its got the typical drill whine under load that slows down as you let go of the trigger.

By no means does the whine get worse or louder when you let go of the trigger.
Sounds weird to me.
>>
File: it_was_always_too_late_yuri.webm (411 KB, 280x204) Image search: [Google]
it_was_always_too_late_yuri.webm
411 KB, 280x204
>>908673
It's very loud and I've never had it with another drill. I'm currently out of town and can't get a video for a few days.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.