[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Raspberry Pi Radio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Raspberry-Pirate.jpg (46 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
Raspberry-Pirate.jpg
46 KB, 600x429
There's a lot of info about this but I need a powerful one that can transmit a mile. Also a good antenna would be nice.
>>
Build a transmitter with a lot of power. Play music. Pay the FFC $10,000 two weeks later.
>>
>>900858
But I need to know how to build a powerful transmitter from a raspberry pi
>>
>>900860
>powerful transmitter from a raspberry pi
good luck with finding any process that doesnt involve throwing the raspi in the trash and getting proper equipment.
>>
What do you want to transmit? In the US, the technician class license is < $15, and not hard. A couple of Baofeng handheld radios with rubber duckie antennas will go a mile in most terrain easy. Two radios and a license is still <$100, total.
>>
You can't build a powerful transmitter from a Pi. The trick with the Pi is that the GPIO can be modulated and send a crude signal over FM and even some other bands. It's not intentional behavior, and not very strong, since it was never designed to do that. It's something neat to show off to people, but that's about it.

A dedicated transmitter would be needed for a nice strong/clean signal.

(side note, the coolest thing you can do with the Pi transmitting FM signals is make it control a cheap RC car with no additional hardware.)
>>
>>900873
ayyyy

>strap Pi to RC car
>instead of hardwiring the drivetrain and controls
>just mimic the RC transmitter

Now I do think RC has a greater range than WiFi

Would be a great starting autonomous platform, regardless of what you pick up at Toys'R'Us
>>
>>900857
Raspberry Pi and Radio are two unrelated things. You could use a Raspberry Pi as an audio source, but you could use a microphone, iPod, or anything else as an audio source. You could use a Raspberry Pi as a signal generator, but there are simpler methods.
>>
>>901402
There's a program for RPi which twiddles one output pin in such way that you can use it as a poopy FM transmitter.
>>
>>901410
go read >>900873

First question you HAVE TO ANSWER is
>1. What are you planning on transmitting (audio/video/data/remote control)
>2. How often will you transmit? (sporadically, a couple times a week, couple times a day, continous during the day, or 24/7)
>3. Who is the recipient? A data terminal/computer, a single person, a large group of people?
>4. Are you transmitting something that should be kept secret/You don't want other people to listen/decode?

If you want help you gotta accept that we need more information and we need you to be less stubborn/retarded.
>>
>>900857
If you cant be bothered to solder your own components you may as well buy a radio
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.