[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Found this key fob from the 70's that matches my car's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 540x801) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 540x801
Found this key fob from the 70's that matches my car's make and model in an antique shop, but the epoxy emblem is out of place and won't budge.
Safe methods to place it properly?
I don't want to ruin it. I'll never find another one ever again.
>>
Is it safe to heat it with a heat gun to loosen the adhesive?
>>
filp the coin over,

use a heat gun on low. it will pop off.
>>
the imperfection only adds to its charm. check your OCD, nigger.
>>
>>900194
This is all well and good till it catches on something when OP doesn't notice, and he looses it forever.

Heat gun and some two part epoxy will see you right OP.
>>
Don't be a cheap fuck. They're like $15 ob eBay.
>>
>>900148
Im just saying. Its never a good idea to post personal keys on the internet that you still use... I can copy all three now if i wanted too.

And if I recognized you from outside the internet. Id totally figure out what lock that normal looking house key went too first...
>>
>>900194
your such a faggot
>>
File: 1246742283427.jpg (80 KB, 688x547) Image search: [Google]
1246742283427.jpg
80 KB, 688x547
>>900246

>your
>not using you're like a normal educated person would
>>
>>900148
I had one very similar to that. After having it with the car keys repeatedly in my pants pocket for a few months the emblem literally oozed itself off. Probably happened from just body heat. Needless to say I wasn't impressed at the quality of the glue used.
>>
>>900194
I like dis gai.
>>
lol plymouth

post your plymouth volare/aspen
>>
>>900244
Next you'll be telling me that hackers in China can blow up my computer using my ferchinz post ID.
>>
>>900244
If a person knows enough about keys and cuts, it's pretty safe to assume they could make quick work of any standard door lock with the picks they probably own already.
>>
>>900613
picking can be quick but its not exactly covert.
if you have a copy of the key it raises much less suspicion.
>>
>>900462
>plymouth volare/aspen
I remember those things being horrible rust buckets back in the day. It's neat to actually see one or two still on the road today since they seem to have gotten so rare.
>>
>>900655
lol they are still making rust buckets now
crystler that is
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.