[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
went to /g/ with this and they recommended i come here for assistance.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1447033568639.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
1447033568639.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
went to /g/ with this and they recommended i come here for assistance. How can I make this go faster than it does? it was free so i dont care too much about it, /g/ said either:
>swap motors
>weight reduction
or
>use better batteries

its wet cause i drove it in light mud, but it is brand new. help me kindly /diy/ please and thank you.
>>
take apart a laptop battery and use those cells instead. Make sure it's fully charged before you take it apart.
>>
Tape in 9V. Connect small terminal to top left, and big terminal to bottom right (as pictured).
>>
>>899732
replace the motor with a brushless motor. A 1 KW brushless motor should make it go really fast.
>>
>>899734
Oh and don't forget to run it in the microwave for 10 minutes to free up the ions.
>>
File: rastar-1-14-ferrari-458-rc-1.jpg (57 KB, 655x363) Image search: [Google]
rastar-1-14-ferrari-458-rc-1.jpg
57 KB, 655x363
>>899734
>>899740
is this a /diy/ newfag hazing meme
>>899738
how many 9v's and which ends go where?
>>899739
where to buy this said motor?

pretty much i just want to do a plug n play mod that will boost it or break/turn off a governor if it even has something like that to limit the power it uses. the brand is "RASTAR" if that helps. pic related.
>>
>>899732
Open her up so we can see what you have to work with.
>>
if you try to put too much voltage into your controller board it'll release the magic smoke. But you can splice something in between the motor and the controller board to switch on and pump a bunch of juice into the motors.
I'd look into how mosfets and diodes operate if i were you.
>>
File: Photo Nov 10, 2 17 37 PM.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
Photo Nov 10, 2 17 37 PM.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
>>900382
okay, opened up just now, this is whats under ye olde hood
>>
File: Photo Nov 10, 2 17 49 PM.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Photo Nov 10, 2 17 49 PM.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>900382
>>900406
>>
>>>/f/2947821
>>
>>900415
its 404d what was it or is that the joke
>>
You cant really do much - as said if you increase the voltage (=change battery type) the electronics probably fry.

>>900384
>But you can splice something in between the motor and the controller board to switch on and pump a bunch of juice into the motors.
>I'd look into how mosfets and diodes operate if i were you.
I thought about this too, but its not really plug&play, maybe not what op is looking for.

Just get a 9V battery and see if it blows up or not.
>>
Use some 3.6v cells (same size as the AA's).
>>
>>899732
Wrap some rubber bands around the back tires. The plastic on these guys isn't very grippy.

Everything else is outside your skillset or budget or both.
>>
>>899732
If those are 5 AA batteries, try adding a 6th.

Or, try running 5 C batteries. You'll find out if speed is voltage or current limited.
>>
>>900515
Actually, if that's 5 AA batteries, you can pretty-much straight-swap them for 2 protected 18350 cells and a wire to bridge the gap.

That'll give you more power and less weight.

For even more current, rewire the battery compartment for 2x2.
>>
>>900377
Get a more powerful brushless motor *and* controller. If that is anything like the one I have though, then the turn radius is awful. Get a file and pliers and remove any plastic that limits the rotation of the steering rack that doesn't look like it's there for a reason.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.