[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any laws that will prevent me from making this? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
Are there any laws that will prevent me from making this?

I'm in the UK.
>>
File: ds41FuN[1].png (426 KB, 578x526) Image search: [Google]
ds41FuN[1].png
426 KB, 578x526
Be safe, jus bin that now m8.
>>
>>897328

tbf if they found that sharpened stick in a box with a whole bunch of knives and shit, or it was hidden under someones bed, they would be right to call it a weapon.

And for all we know, the picture crops out a whole bunch of other weapons they found on the scene, and the post isnt only about the stick.
>>
>>897330
>a stick that lies among weapons is not a stick, but a dangerous weapon itself
Does being around black guys make me a black guy? I'm scared.
>>
>>897335

its a shit weapon, but you still wouldnt want to get stabbed by it, man

Its like if someone smuggles scissors onto a plane - scissors lying in the kitchen arent a weapon, but if someones trying to smuggle them past security they are a weapon through context.
>>
>>897337
But what about spoons?
>>
>>897324
>colin furze
well he is a limey so there you go
if you take it out in public you will probably get nobbled though so keep it at home. also if you show off to your friends and they get jealous they can say you were threatening or attacking them and then you get nobbled.
so yeah build it keep it in your house dont show anyone you will be fine
>>
No laws preventing it being made.

No laws about it being used in say, a performance event, either, beyond the basic health and safety of public bystanders, etc.

A whole fucktonne of laws about you taking it out into public without a reason, however. At that point it becomes a weapon.
>>
>>897324
If you manage to build one kindly report back on what life is like without eyebrows.
>>
>>897324
He did it in the UK, and posted the evidence on the internet.

So, I guess, no.
>>
I don't think you can even carry a simple pocket knife in the UK so I'm guessing... absolutely no you cannot make this. You might be able to get some pepper spray and tape it to your wrist. Probably not that either though but maybe you can make a device that squirts cayenne pepper mixed with water. I'm not even trying to mock your laws but I just cannot see any way this would be legal to make for you.
>>
>>897691
>I don't think
That the only smart thing you said.
>>
>>897691

you can own a machete if you want

you just cant carry it in public, THATS the rub.
>>
>>897751
This

Its illegal to get your dick out in the UK, but only in public.

Its all context, carrying a knife in an urban area will get you a night in the cells. But you have to combat youth Knife culture, one little shit starts carrying a Knife they all do.
>>
>>897751

You can carry a machete in public, you just have to have a valid reason - e.g. on the train back from a bushcraft trip or used for work. But that would only be accepted by the police if it were packed away in your backpack rather than slung off your belt.
>>
>>897330
>>897337
m8 are you 10? A definition of a weapon doesn't change when you bring it on a plane or keep it with weapons. Yeah, I know you watch a lot of shitty news where police present their confiscated stash of "weapons" - a pistol, a shotgun and a shitton of knives and airguns but the owner of this shit is still going to be charged with owning an illegal pistol and shotgun. A judge is not going to be all "yeah you had a bunch of sharpened sticks pretty close to an actual gun, that's pretty compelling".
>>
>>897324

I modded a handheld propane soldering iron to sort of do that. It looks like a mini lightsaber and the flame jet is surprisingly robust.

why are you asking if things are legal? just do them!
>>
>>897829
This guy gets it: it's only a crime if you get caught.
>>
>>897324
You might be able to light it with the arc of a stun gun
>>
>>897337
A chair is a shit weapon, but you still wouldn't want to get hit by it. Does that mean that chairs should be made illegal?
>>
>>898029
Chairs will be illegal by 2018...
>>
>>897777
Right, here it's legal to have a closed container of alcohol in your car. If it's in your trunk you're absolutely fine, if you have a cold can of beer in your cup holder you're gonna get fucked with if a cop sees it.
>>
>>898396

is this in the uk? here you're allowed to have around two beers (depending on stature and metabolism)

whether you consume it in your car or not is absolutely irrelevant.
>>
>>898410
nah, the states. open container laws to cut down on DWI's.
The real fucked thing imo is that if you are drunk and sit in the driver's seat of the car and have the keys in your possession, it counts as drunk driving. Quite a few cases of people calling for a ride after the bar closes, sitting in the car with the radio on while waiting because it's cold, and being arrested and having their license stripped for 'operating a vehicle while under the influence'.

but yeah, illegal to have an open container of alcohol in a vehicle. also some public spaces, so cops can arrest you for being drunk in public even if you're not causing a scene. designed to cut down on wino's and drunk drivers.
>>
File: successful_knife_collection.jpg (197 KB, 798x580) Image search: [Google]
successful_knife_collection.jpg
197 KB, 798x580
>>897328
>>
>>897786

Actually it does, weapon is any instrument which has been used for violence.

Hence, if a stick was used in an attack it would be classed as a weapon.

>>898029

No but if you smashed a chair over someone's head you would probably face a tougher sentence in court than if you had just used your fists.

Likewise, if you put the planning into sharpening a stick in order to stab someone, you would have comitted a more serious crime than just assualting them.
>>
>>898928
...But if it's illegal to carry a knife in public how are people meant to put them in knife bins?
The government hasn't thought it thought.
>break the law to dispose of your knife.
>>
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 222x227) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 222x227
>>897324

Sometimes when I'm alone in the middle of the night, I go out into the woods and light matches over a bucket of water

It's an adrenaline rush because I'm not completely sure if it's legal or not
>>
>>899060
Try lighting matches underwater, that shit is cash.
>>
>>899061
don't do this this is how lava is made
>>
>>897328
I live near that estate, its pretty rough, the fat burgers laughing wouldnt last 5 minutes there
>>
>>897753
I understand what you are saying, but let me ask to be sure. Is it illegal to carry any pocket knife? even a folder under 3"?

Why have you not revolted?
>>
>>900810
How would they? Can't even have sharpened sticks. They learned a thing or two about what not to let their citizens have from the whole 1776 thing.
>>
>>900810
>even a folder under 3"?
perfectly legal in uk

also apart from illegal knives like butterfly etc if you need to carry a knife for your livelihood then thats ok too.
>>
>>900810
a girl i know was fined a few hundred dollars for carrying a box cutter after being stopped by police for a random weapons check at a train station
she used them for work, which she was on her way home from

this is kekstralia
>>
>>900890
> this is kekstralia
Where I have spent every day since the age of 17 with a leatherman on my belt, with no fucks to give by anyone.

You friend prolly looks like a junkie.
>>
>>900542
it's magma till it gets above water you pleb
>>
>>897324
also Colin Furze...
http://www.colinfurze.com/disgusting-fire-vs-arms.html
>>
>>897324
Butter knives are illegal. Im sure that wurfing flammen is also illegal in your hell island.
>>
>>900890
did she work at aldi lol?
>>
you can buy this for 1k legally http://store.xm42.com/XM42-Flamethrower-p/xm42.htm
>>
>>897341
I love reverse image search.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1217504/Are-old-spoon-Woman-asked-ID-buying-teaspoons-Tesco.html
>>
>>899060
I lol'd
>>900890
She didn't fight in court showing she had a job?
That's bullshit she got fined.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.