[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fixing lopsided heel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
I found these boots in the freepile
right heel is lopsided
what would be a good tool for shavig these even?
and what would be a good tool/method to get them as close to even as possible
ideas?
I di have an angle grinder
>>
>>985960
Belt sander would be the best option
>>
>>985960
I wouldnt touch it with an angle grinder

I agree with the belt sander, or a disc sander.
If you could find someone with a bandsaw that has a proper fence it would work too.

The cheapest and most accurate way would to just flat sand them.

Get sand paper, and a really hard flat surface. You could get a cheap sanding block too. Attach the sandpaper and just go back and forth till you get the bad heel flat.

Then you measure how much material you took off, and then sand the other heel down to size.

It may take a decent amount of time, but you are going to destroy them with an angle grinder.
>>
The quickest and cheapest way is to put it on a stick, and grind it against the road out of the door of a moving vehicle.
>>
1. I don't have any of this power tools
2. I still have no 'good' ideas of how to get an accurate measurement
3. I like the out the cardoor idea but that sounds like it would end up even more lopsided

thnx for the ideas, 4chan
>>
>>985993
this.

hit or miss results though, may just get more lopsided.
>>
>>986088
>>985993
quit being a bitch, get on a motorcycle and drag your feet, just remember, toes up.

>reflectors hurt
>>
Sugru is what I used to fill the gap and make the sole whole again.

It's fairly easy to use, just clean the surface and press it on, then mold it flat with soapy hands.

Get a bit of string and press in a criss cross pattern for grip
>>
>>986002
are you retarded?
>>
>>986236
Well he got these for free, I doubt he can afford sand paper...
>>
A fine or finishing hand file would be the best option. Could pick one up for around $5 but is it worth it for free shoes? They will wear into how your feet roll quick enough.
>>
>>985960
If the heel isn't a solid piece of PU, you should be able to remove the 1/4'' bottom layer. Use a chisel to separate it at first, then use pliers to completely remove the rest. Use a belt sander, it works the best, second would be a disc sander. (Never use am angle grinder, it will burn/melt the sole depending what it is)

Find a comparable heel, make sure it's wider than the existing heel, about a 1/4'' wider. Use rubber cement, we use BARGE, apply the adhesive to both the shoe heel and the new heel you're about to put on. Wait 3 mins for the adhesive to bond to the materials. Press it together and take a hammer and mildly hit the heel all around to ensure it's contacting throughout the entire heel. Wait another 5 mins to bond together the two pieces.

Grind the remaining 1/4 off the sides of the heel sole until flush with with existing heel. Take it slow or you'll fuck up the new heel.
>>
>>986929
I've seen people use the stupidest ideas to quick fix shoes.
If you can't afford this, pretty much any other option will fall apart after a weeks worth of use. Just buy a new fucking shoe.
>>
>>986929
>chisels and pliers

What kind of fat cat are you?
He cant even afford sandpaper, yet you think he can buy trade tools like a professional?
>>
>>986934
If he can't afford a pair of 4 dollar pliers then fixing a pair of homeless man's shoes should be the least of his worries
>>
>>986997
He wont buy 4$ worth of sandpaper
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Traveler-Plates-Nails-Black-Plastic/dp/B0031ELG50?ie=UTF8&keywords=shoe%20taps&qid=1462128273&ref_=sr_1_1_a_it&sr=8-1
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.