[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First longboard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-04-27-06-34-02.png (608 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-27-06-34-02.png
608 KB, 1080x1920
Sup /diy/,
I'm planning of getting myself a long board, but there are rather expensive, so I prefer to build the deck myself and just buy trucks and wheels. Anyway, every tutorial I read recommends 2-3 layers of 1/4 inch plywood (that's like 6mm/layer). Could I just one layer of 0.6inches (15mm)? Or is it done with layers to give it some flexibility? I'd prefer using that single layer of 15mm plywood
>>
>>985066
you can build a long board with some resin. and fiberglass, and a single sheet of construction grade shit-tastic plywood. its kinda flexy. but it works? LOL
>>
>>985066
As long as the plies are similar thickness, and you have the same number of them, you should be good I think. A 1/4 board probably has three plies in it, so as long as your larger board has 9 or whatever it'd be similar. But just note that thinner plywood will probably be higher quality, as the inner plies of thick plywood may have knots/cracks/imperfections.

It's kind of silly though, because a 1/4 board (from which you could easily cut three rectangles and glue them together) is going to be much cheaper than a thicker sheet. Might as well just do it right in my opinion.

I agree with the other anon though, if I was doing it, I would use fiberglass. Just because it'd be way more fun to make and stronger in the end.
>>
When OP realises why they're expensive.
>>
>>985126
>When OP realises why they're expensive.
Decent deck >100$
Plywood 15mm 1250cmx2500cm ~30$
Say what
>>
not sure about longboards but skateboard decks have different types of wood layered to give the desired flexibility and springiness.
>>
http://www.roarockit.com/
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.