[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Molding/Casting help?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: giant_grasshopper.jpg (31 KB, 499x441) Image search: [Google]
giant_grasshopper.jpg
31 KB, 499x441
So I want to sculpt, mold and cast a thing. I don't know much real life about the subject and I don't want to fuck up $200 worth of stuffs.

So here's the plan: sculpt the thing with sulfur free oil/wax clay, one piece mold in platinum cure silicone, cast in platinum cure.

First, that's a thing you can do with these products, right?
Second, the mold is going to be deep, but not high detail. How the fuck do I get the clay out of the mold?
Third, I don't have a degasser, what do?
>>
>>972120
if you have a University nearby, maybe get in touch with some people at the foundry (if they have one), those people are really helpful and might even do that for you since they usually have the equipment for that sort of thing
>>
>>972525
foundry=metal casting?
Also, dragon dildo
>>
>>972120
Smooth on products have a line of silicone that works pretty well without degassing so long as the item you're making doesn't have any large undercuts.
However, casting silicone in a silicone mold runs the risk of the two bonding together.

I would suggest male sculpt, mold in one of Smooth on's rubbers, then cast in silicone. Or at the very least, research what sort of release agent to use in silicone to silicone casts. Good luck!

>>972649
>dragon dildo
My thoughts exactly.
>>
>>973082
*mold in a different rubber
>>
And to get the clay out, if your mold is under an inch or so thick, you may be able to turn it inside out to properly clean it.
Having a hard shell of plaster on the outside will support the shape, especially if you accidently tear the mold or need to run a slit down the side for easier cleaning.
>>
Not going to post pics because this is a sfw board but I want to cast a silicone object.
I've got a knock-off chastity cage, that comes in two parts, a head cover and a ring for the scrotum and shaft. While the head's fine the ring is way too thick for comfort. So my choices seem to be to pay 140 dollars for a quality product or fix what I've got.
What's the cost I'm looking at for materials? I don't need much silicone for what I'm making but I wouldn't mind trying to make an online store hobby sort of thing out of it or casting bits and pieces for other stuff.
>>
>>973131
From what I've seen 1-2 pounds goes for $30. 1 pound is about 1/10th gallon
>>
>>973085
Brush on and plaster, that's a good idea
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.