[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought this used fender squier bullet and the pick ups are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: DSC_0074.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0074.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
I bought this used fender squier bullet and the pick ups are in a mess as you see, there's also some rust on the metal parts.

So can you help me clean them with damaging them?
>>
>So can you help me clean them with damaging them?
Without
>>
>>963410
>used fender squier bullet
>that condition
I hope you didn't pay more than $50. I don't know how to help you but I will say that you need to be extremely careful when trying to clean the pickups because if the magnets get messed up you're boned.
>>
>>963410
If you got your two cents about you, you can take out the pickups and use a mix of warm soapy water and bleach to whiten them up again. you can also clean off the rusty screws and pickup ferrite with a bit of WD 40 to give it a shine.
The frets are gonna be all green by now so put a bit of WD 40 on soft rag and clean them off.
You should also give the neck a bit of wood oil since its probably dried to hell.
Ideally you would replace the frets on a guitar that was played for more than 2-3 years. Checks the 5way switch, pots an the jack. Give them a cleaning with some contact cleaner. Adjust the intonation is seems someone just got the pegs in a single line. Adjust the truss rod as needed.
Give it a shine with some guitar wax
I do this for a living...
>>
>>963410
put some termites on it, they will clean it, organically
>>
>>964017
I'm not sure how I feel about this meme yet. Feels kind of forced tbpqhwy (to be perfectly quite honest with you).
>>
>>963984
It's not that bad tbqh
>>963987
Thank you, sir
>>
>>964045
>It's not that bad tbqh
don't weasel out of this one. How much did you spend on a sub-beginner guitar?
>>
so the pickus are slightly dirty, who cares?
is it an instrument or is it a wall ornament?
>>
>>964170

About 100$, all the used were around that price, take into consideration that i don't live in murica, third world country unfortunately.
>>
>>964206
>you got ripped off son
with a bit of digging you could have found a new one for a 100.
And with a bit more digging could have found used for 25-50.
Music gear holds an almost universal price everywhere. The variation is about 10$ across Europe. And about 20$ in the states.
>>
>>964220
Nah, the shops selling musical instruments aren't popular here additionally, there are taxes & customs and they're high. The economy is shit.

P. S. I don't live in Europe.
>>
>>963987
Luthier here. Don't get WD anywhere near that fretboard.

Scrub it off with some 0000 steel wool, then put a coat of a good wood oil on it. It'll be fine.
>>
>>963410
Focus on playing music instead. After playing a guitar becomes more meaningful to you, buy a more expensive instrument.
>>
>964220
There's a dude in Brazil that builds guitars out of wood he takes from the dumpsters at construction sites because he can't afford to buy one. Some places just don't have affordable gear or jobs that give you disposable income.
>>
>>963410
I'd probaby hit the pickup covers with a plastic eraser myself. you can use a mild acid to remove the rust off the poles... ideally something that will not drip down into the pickup. the fretboard looks like rosewood so be sure to oil it. lemon oil for furniture works fine for that. You want to oil so it doesn't crack eventually and also to clean the shit off. You could shine up the bridge with silvo if you wanted as well.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.