[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Simple led car interior light
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 20150618_194044.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20150618_194044.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
It's impossible to see what gear I'm in while driving. I thought itd be fun to set something up where an led lights up depending on what gear im in. What's the simplest way to do this?

Pic related, It's my car. 99 forester
>>
>>963097
Its a fucking automatic. You put it in D and don't fuck with it. The only time you need higher gears if you are driving up a steep hill or towing something. If you somehow are so retarded that you can't remember what lower gear you put the vehicle in 15 seconds after you started climbing a hill you should get yourself checked out for dementia or something. If you are talking moving it into neutral, reverse and back to drive you just count the gears as you move it up and down the shifter. Its not rocket science dude.

What is the world coming to when a fucking automatic is too complex for some people. You better hope Apple comes out with that car soon so you wont have to bother with that second pedal anymore.
>>
>>963121
Holy shit anon calm yourself. OP just wanted to do a fun car project.
>>
>>963130
He's right though, OP must be pretty dumb if he can't work an automatic.

Perhaps he can get one of those LED strips or some fairy lights and hang himself with it
>>
>>963135
>>963121
It's disconcerting at night, especially if you live in mountains and have to coast down hill in a low gear.

>>963097
But op though, seriously are you retarded? Do you think your car doesn't have a light bulb for that?
https://youtu.be/MJdKroSzSGw?t=3m50s
I can't be assed to find one for the forester but it's almost certainly similar. Take your shit apart until you get to the gear shifter. Remove bulb. Replace bulb. Check your fuses too. Bulb might be fine even.

If you really want you could get a 12v LED replacement off amazon. Just research your car and find manuals for how to take it apart and what the bulb is.
>>
That guy is a fucking dick head. But really the easiest way is to get a programmer like a bulldog gt programmer that will give u transmission gear live data. This is the easiest way. Because u really shouldn't exp. With ur Dailey driver as far as your ecm. And tcm. Just saying.
>>
>>963121
>higher gears
>for more torque
lel

>>963139
yeah this. there is a light for this.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.