[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I apologise if this isn't the board for it, but I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: contemporary-tile.jpg (24 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
contemporary-tile.jpg
24 KB, 320x320
I apologise if this isn't the board for it, but I've got a question I think you guys could have some useful advice on.

I'll get straight to it.

Does anyone have any idea what a ballpark quote would be for tiling the lower half of an 8ft by 8ft bathrooms walls with 25cm x 40cm tiles?

Tiles would be supplied and I also have till adhesive.

Just the lower half of the room.
>>
Call a contractor in your area and ask you stupid fuck, we don't know where you live or what they charge.
>>
>>948480
baka. First off, tiles can be anywhere from $0.25 a sq.ft. for clearance ceramic to $30 a sq/ft for real stone mosaic, so that makes a big difference to price depending on what type of tiling you're going for.
Same question, for the bathroom, is it a shower stall that you're going to tile or is there a bathtub you won't have to tile space for. Are you just tiling the bottom 2' or are you going up to 5' or a standard 4'? Are you going to tile behind sink, or is there a built in cabinet?

basically, if you figure out sq/ft age then we may be able to give you some idea of how LONG it should take, which will let you compare to contractor/handyman hourly rates.
>>
>>948480
It can vary wildly, there is a lot of problems in things like this. I worked as a tile supply salesman, selling to contractors and regular people. I strongly recommend you do research.

There is a lot that goes into this things, although given what I have learned I could do everything but the shower pan myself if I had to.

Start with the basics. Talk to multiple contractors to get several bids. Check that they are licensed and insured, and ask to see references.

Also tile adhesive is cheap. I never recommend it, especially in wet areas as many react with water and moisture. You want thinset. It is a pain to mix but it has much better bonding, getting one with a high latex content or porcelain rating is a good idea. A pool rating is even better but few people carry it and it can run the price up more then is needed.
>>
>>948480
just diy. like all the others have said just get your square footage, find a tile that fits your needs and budget, watch a video teaching you how to lay tile and viola you have a new bathroom wall
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.