[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not sure if this should go here or /o/ but i need some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160218_114333.jpg (527 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160218_114333.jpg
527 KB, 1280x720
I'm not sure if this should go here or /o/ but i need some help, i've got a grand am gt 2004 and i'm looking to replace the rear 6x9s

turns out the care has a Monsoon sound system, and these are speakers that have 4 wires on them

i've already changed the stock head unit to an aftermarket pioneer kind

i'd rather not order new stock speakers, as i've already got good replacements and the new stock replacements would be expensive. i understand that if i only use 2 wires instead of all four i will lose some sound quality

is there a way i can modify my new speakers to fit the new wiring?
>>
You just run one double wire from the speaker to the head unit. The way it's intended to go in any other car. Why would you do it any other way?
>>
>>948610
a little googling gives me info about the cars stock amp splitting the tweeter and sub signals, which is why you have 4 wires.
your best bet is to grab a 2/3 way speaker and then cut the tweeter lines then connect the main sub and tweeter separately to their corresponding feeds
>>
>>948625
these new GTO938s are three way speakers

but like >>948615
said, since i've got a new head unit, (used a wiring harness for the switch), does that mean i should just redo the wiring for them and replace the wires that go into the harness? cause that seems like a ton of work.

but if i just cut the tweeter lines and sub lines to separate will that diminish any quality? dumb question, but which ones are the tweeter and sub? and also, in OP pic theres that thick red coil with all the wires attached to, will i have to remove it?
>>
>>948627
Just connect the two pairs in parallel. It doesn't matter which is which, because neither your new head unit nor your new speakers support running two pairs of wires.
>>
>>948628
well the car has a stock monsoon amp in the trunk and that's why i'm just trying to modify my new speakers to fit it rather than having to reinstall a whole new system and all
>>
I had an infinity sound system in the last 2 cars I got and had a similar problem.

I'd probably rip out everything, get an amp for the speakers and just use the rca. I'd also hook up a good sub with the second rca hookup. You did get a good head unit right op?

Also no shilling but get shit from crutchfield next time and they'll hook it up with free help.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.