[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am thinking about a way to make a small amount of side cash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 0107pg2.jpg (18 KB, 452x331) Image search: [Google]
0107pg2.jpg
18 KB, 452x331
I am thinking about a way to make a small amount of side cash and get some shit out of the landfill in the process, so I am thinking about maybe recycling latex paint. How much would you pay for recycled latex paint when your only option for colors would be very general and broad, such as blue-ish, white-ish, etc.?
>>
nice idea but to be honest, i'd think "fuck this shit, spend five more bucks and get a fresh can of paint."

The thing is, everything what isn't a everyday product needs to be perfect. If i needed a bucket o'paint everyday, i guess i would visit you. But because i just use it once a decade i buy good stuff from the market.
>>
>>945500
Considering we have a paint recycling place out here that gives the paint away for free... I'd pay nothing.
>>
>>945500
If I want basic paint I can get it for $22/gal, if I want high end I can get it for $45/gal. And I usually want several gallons of identical paint. I wouldn't mind using recycled paint, but if I need 3 gallons of a color and you only have one there's nothing I can do. If I only need a small amount I can get a quart for $10, and that'd be a hard price to beat if you want to make it worth your while. In my jurisdiction you're not allowed to put paint in the trash if it's wet. You can leave the can open so it dries and throw it out, but that makes in unusable, obviously. If you're location is the same, you'd have to head it off before it gets thrown out. Yes, I realize people still throw it out wet, but anyone that knows just lets it dry because it's no effort to eliminate any chance of a legal issue.
>>
>>945502
so OP has found his market, professionals that paint everyday. This could be pros that clean out garages, home contractors, ... and uh artists if they are weird enough
>>
>>945500
>recycling paint
Wat, like what, scrape it off walls and do what? I don't get it, how can you recycle paint???
>>
>>946623
not op and I have no fucking clue.
it sounds dirty and I wouldn't do it..
but to answer your question Ive seen some places with paint that's been repainted so many times that you could measure the paints distance from the wall with a ruler (fractions of inch, not whole inches).
Ive also seen chunks of paint from industrial processes get dumped. they clumps of paint are the size of very large rocks, like watermelon size. I don't think they were vinyl though.
>>
>>946623
Collect old paint cans and mix the good paint together
>>
>>947062
>old paint cans
Makes no sense, in old paint cans there's minimal amount of paint or they are empty/dried.
>>
>>947065
or separated, or all clumped together, usually both.
reminds me of a paint can I saw someone open and the center was this huge log shaped clump about the size of 3/4 of the can, surrounded by a 1/4 of a can of what looked like milk.
>>
>>947065
That's why they hire people in OPs pic. People toss out old paint and maybe 1 can out of 10 can be recycled.
>>
>>945500
Jesus Christ. This is hobo tier. Fuck man.
>>
>>947348
OP would be asking how he can turn house based exterior paint into an aerosol so he can huff it, it was hobo tier.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.