[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TABLE SAW THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: bosch.jpg (42 KB, 276x276) Image search: [Google]
bosch.jpg
42 KB, 276x276
So I'm looking to get a 10" diablo sawblade on my bed as as that's what I'm hearing is the best.
Looking to go full kerf so there's less flex in the blade.
Ideally I'd like to buy one blade for both crosscuts and rips, as i don't own a chop saw.

What would you guys recommend? How many teeth?
>>
File: 172014d.jpg (76 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
172014d.jpg
76 KB, 800x800
Diablo is Freud's contractor line, not what you want if you want the cleanest cuts.

That itty bitty babby table saw would benefit from a thin kerf blade.

"Thin kerf is flexy" is a myth. The main benefit from full kerf is longer blade life and it will take more sharpenings before it's toast.

This is what I use and it's the bee's knees. I often hear that Forrest blades are the best, but I can't speak for them and they cost too much.
>>
>>941640
For a 10" blade, 48 is the usual amount on a combination blade. It's what I have on my saw (same as pic but yurop version) and I never really change it out except for the time I bought a Freud rip and combo blade which brings me onto >>941658
>"Thin kerf is flexy" is a myth.
I can safely say that it is not a myth. I originally bought a very good Axcaliber blade with a 3.2mm kerf and had no problems with it but only opted for Freud because I thought I'd waste less re-sawing and that. Things seemed OK as far as I could tell for a while until I started making new sleds and jigs. It seemed no matter how hard I tried to make things exactly square, it would always be off in some way. This persisted and I remained unaware of what the problem was untill I made some picture frames. Same deal again, checked everything thoroughly and could have sworn up that everything was perfectly square to the blade.
After more tests I finally realized that my cuts weren't just square but bowed along their length. The blade was deflecting nearly everything I put to it and was fucking my shit up. Immediately threw back in my old fat blade and never had the problem again.
In my experience it's worth spending the bit more.
>>
>>941823
huh. were the fence/miter slots dead even with the blade?
I use a skillsaw blade in my tablesaw 90% of the time, deep enough depth of cut to go through 2x4's no problem, which is most of what I cut.
>>
Forrest are good but overpriced.

Dimar made a set in a box with3 blades plus room for others for about $200
>>
>>941861
That's fine I guess. There could be other elements at play here but there was nothing on my tablesaw's top that changed in between, just the blade. The only thing that gave me drastically different results was going back to my older, thicker blade. If it works for you though, it works for you.
Everything I've said is anecdotal at best and I wouldn't personally take it as a fact.
>>
>>941640
I've got the same saw setup and like it a lot.
As far as far as older and traditionally thicker blades go, yeah I think they're superior to the newer and inherently thinner blades.
Thinner and cheaper to produce in quantity and marketing to sell them is what they are IMO.
>>
File: tablesawkit.png (322 KB, 1052x1587) Image search: [Google]
tablesawkit.png
322 KB, 1052x1587
Thanks for all the advice guys, id like fancy accessories and blades, but that will have to wait.
Spent about 100$ and i believe that should get me going safely, cleanly and functionally.

Looking to build

a SLED

and small router table or integrate one into workbench i am planning.

Howdidido.jpg
>>
>>942178

>Howdidido.jpg
A+: score on what u shud hav for safety. I make my own, scrap wood isn't total waste.

B+ on the dust collector bag, I don't have one but accept it would be nice to have.

Blades if they're thin I don't have confidence in performance.
>>
Can confirm Forrest a best from personal experience. Regardless of how good they are, they're prohibitively expensive.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.