[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what would be a cheap way to alternate the flow of a liquid between
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: ss+(2016-01-30+at+02.04.49).jpg (22 KB, 454x461) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-30+at+02.04.49).jpg
22 KB, 454x461
what would be a cheap way to alternate the flow of a liquid between two outputs? It needs to be small like to accommodate hosing around 4mm. preferably cheap. this is for irrigation
>>
>>938297
Are you talking drip line irrigation?

You set up 'zones'. Each zone is run for a particular length of time i.e. 1 hour. You can then use different emitters to control how much flow you get out the end. usually 1/2, 1, and 2 gallons per hour.

You're also limited by tubing size. for example my lines I buy, the 1/4" tube is limited to a 30' run and can supply 30 gallons per hour. So I can take a 1/4" line and put a couple T's in and get 15x2gph emitters.

The zones are controlled by distribution boxes that get instructions from a controller in the house, or an all-in-one distributor connected to the spigot outside.
>>
>>938297
Anon, tell us more.

Manual switch to force flow to a different side? A unit that flpas back and forth so it goes to to both?
>>
>>938297
there is gang valve manifolds sold for aquarium air hose use... some are brass and might corrode with water, but some cheaper ones are made of all-plastic
>>
File: 1454156322385.jpg (23 KB, 464x350) Image search: [Google]
1454156322385.jpg
23 KB, 464x350
put a pinch clamp on each line and open only the one you want to have flow.
>>
>>938297
if you want to electronically automate this (or control it manually but with electrical switches) then you would use a solenoid valve.
Such as-- to find valves that can handle water and need 12 volts to operate, search Google for "12v water solenoid valve".
>>
You can literally get a plastic gate valve to put either side of the tee and they will cost pennies.

Why is that difficult? What's all this bullshit talk of pinch clamps and what not.
>>
>>938942
Get real mate. Who's going to bother going to the trouble of automated solenoid valves for a bit of 4mm hose and irrigation. The valves and arduino would cost more than the irrigation system in its entirety and then some.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.