[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I live in an apt that has an enclosed hallway. It fucking stinks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: Snapchat-7146548836972364864.jpg (660 KB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-7146548836972364864.jpg
660 KB, 1440x2392
I live in an apt that has an enclosed hallway. It fucking stinks in the hallway from people smoking in it. Is there a way to make my door seal better. It's a wood door and carpet in both sides. Not an actual door frame with the metal bottom part like on most houses
>>
Also I don't own it so I can't replace the door or insulate further unless he won't notice I insulated the walls
>>
Local hardware store should have rolls of door seal and a rubber sweep. That would be a good start.
>>
>>937694
Yep. door seal tape is gonna be your go to. If door is an interior hollow core door, wouldn't suggest a door sweep. you should be able to get away with seal tape for the sides and top and a draft snake or rolled up towel to seal the bottom.
Honestly, just rat out your roommates to the landlord. Landlords fucking HATE smokers, discolors walls, ash ruins carpets, they tend to litter butts everywhere, and the smell is expensive to remove. Like tear out drywall and insulation and replace and repaint expensive.
So if he wants to keep them, you should ask to pay less rent because of low air quality, if not, you get rid of smokers.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.