[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, /diy/, I'm not sure if this is the right place to p
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: TeddyBear.jpg (256 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
TeddyBear.jpg
256 KB, 1600x1200
So, /diy/, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. /cgl/ probably has more expertise with the skill, but who knows what I can learn here.

So I want to make two stuffed animals. A teddy bear that's 6'4", and probably another 15"-22" teddy bear. The huge one is for me, the normal-sized one is for my cousin.

I have two sewing machines in the basement, but I don't know how to sew. On the plus side, I think both of my parents do. So on that point, maybe I won't have a problem. Do you guys know where I can find patterns of normal, cute looking bears, though? The patterns I've found are for rather irregular looking ones (ugly or not proportioned correctly). Or is there a way to come up with your own patterns that won't look like crap? What sorts of stores carry fabric you would use for a stuffed animal? I checked michaels.com just to see if they did, but I think they only have the sorts of fabrics you would use for clothing or upholstery.
>>
You want to make a fursuit, don't you...
>>
Inb4 op reveals he is building a stuffed sex bear
>>
File: 1387422274689.jpg (105 KB, 936x536) Image search: [Google]
1387422274689.jpg
105 KB, 936x536
>>935775

No. I wasn't going to say why because I was afraid it would be too "degenerate" for any of you to want to help me, but if you guess something that degenerate I may as well come clean.

I'm a 5'10" tranny, and I've been feeling lonely as fuck since I started taking hormones. That's the reason I want to make myself a teddy bear to cuddle with, so that I don't feel so alone and unloved. That's the reason I decided on 6'4", because it's roughly the proportional height difference between a guy and a girl (0.914:1).

Also, I'm not sure about the teddy bear for my cousin. She may be at the age where she feels too old for one (10) and she looks tall as hell already.

>>935794

No dildo attachment (I live with my family and still share a room with one of my brothers) just a giant teddy bear.
>>
>>935776

I meant to quote you, not myself in >>935802.
>>
File: 1386294753651.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1386294753651.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>935776
>>935794
>>935802
>>935820

To add on, I also considered making myself a stuffed animal version of a man, but that might be too blatant for my parents' tastes (not to mention I would come across as creepy if I ever did get a boyfriend), so I settled on a bear.
>>
Body pillow. Much easier to sew and much less fill.

Pattern: Dig for one that doesn't liike shit shit. Scale up. No idea where to find one.

Jo-ann fabric. It's the fabric version of michaels. They have faux furs which are expensive. Consider terrycloth (bath towel fabric)
>>
>>935775
>>935802
>>936073
Spare yourself and your family the grief and go and stuff your head full of lead instead. I'd recommend going to /k/ to find out which tool would be best for the job. Good luck! :)
>>
File: 1423694770218.png (241 KB, 829x586) Image search: [Google]
1423694770218.png
241 KB, 829x586
>>936076

Yeah, I did think about a body pillow, but I want the arms.

Well, I found a few patterns that don't look terrible now. Do you have any idea where I would find a nose and eyes?

Okay, anon. I'll try going to Jo-ann. Thank you very much.

>>936077

Just because I'm trans doesn't mean I can't be a productive member of society. That computer you're using to shitpost right now wouldn't be as advanced as it is if not for a certain transwoman. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynn_Conway And starting hormones been all ups except for this loneliness problem. I can focus on my classes a lot better now, and I'm doing well in them.

I hope that the next time you seek to hurt somebody, that you think about whether you would like anyone to treat you that way.
>>
>>936124
What the fuck does your sexual preference have to do with /diy/? Fuck off you shitposting faggot. Nobody cares about your zi/zy/ze shit.
>>
>>936124
Sew two arms on the body pillow. Dye it green. Hug gumby.

If you go to Jo-ann fabrics make sure you bring a coupon. You can almost always get 30-50% fabric. Just make sure to get one long cut.

As for the nose and eyes. No fucking clue. That would be specialty stuff at that size. Perhaps a button nose or just an embroidered one. You might be able to find giant eyes though since they're just half spheres.

>>936077
>>936126
>>>/b/
>>>/pol/
>>
File: Relax.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Relax.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>936126

Relax, senpai. My "sexual preference" had nothing to do with the thread until >>935776 and >>935794. The topic is making yourself a teddy bear instead of buying one because of the desired size, which seems to fit into a broad DIY definition to me. I prefer a simple she, too. Just pretend it's for my girlfriend and I'm a normal male if it bothers you that much. That would have been the mature thing to do, not focus the thread on what I am by neurotically inflating its importance to and presence in the thread. You wouldn't have known if I told you it was for a girlfriend instead of the truth, and quite simply, it doesn't make a difference to you who it's really for. So don't pretend it does. I still want to make one for my cousin as well.

And don't give yourself an aneurysm on account of me. Take some time off posting and treat yourself to a nice sandwich with bacon, eggs, lettuce, tomatoes, mayonnaise, and mustard. Imagine as you're eating it, that I made it for you with love.

>>936137

>Sew two arms on the body pillow. Dye it green. Hug gumby.

I could do that, I don't think it would feel as nice. Certainly better than nothing, though. Wow, thanks for the advice on the coupons. What do you mean by the eyes being half-spheres? They still need a loop to be attached with, don't they?
>>
>>936162
>What do you mean by the eyes being half-spheres? They still need a loop to be attached with, don't they?

Yeah, they are half spheres with a loop on the back you sew through. Half spheres will be decently easy to find since you can buy big domed buttons like for outerwear. If need by you can paint them.

A nose is usually off shaped. However you could probably find a button that would work too.
>>
>>936174

>big domed buttons

Oh, of course. That's what you meant. You've been very helpful, anon.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.