[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /diy/ I got the Overnight Sensations kit for Christmas an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
File: osfinished.jpg (319 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
osfinished.jpg
319 KB, 1600x1067
Sup /diy/

I got the Overnight Sensations kit for Christmas an I was wondering if anyone here have built some. Any tips? This'll be my first speaker build but I've soldered before and the cabinet just gets glued together, so I don't anticipate any issues.

I suppose this can also become a general speaker-building thread
>>
>Overnight Sensations
Lulzworthy name, but whatever. I built their full-size monitor kit ages ago. Nothing to it, really.
>>
File: stage-2p2.jpg (124 KB, 878x918) Image search: [Google]
stage-2p2.jpg
124 KB, 878x918
>>932431
bar clamps and non expanding wood glue, maybe quick disconnects for inside the cabinet?

maybe some tape to label which is TL/TR, ML/MR.

That's all I can think of when I assembled a kit
>>
I built my pair in 2012, mids are fuckin amazing.

Anyway make sure you have clamps to glue the cabinet together so it goes together properly. The wiring and general building etc was fast and easy, the finish is what took me goddamn forever. If you're painting and care about finish START WITH A WOOD SEALER holy shit that would have saved me so much time and primer. I primered and sanded goddamn I can't remember how many times, used some Spackle for the tiny gaps at the cabinet seams too. Build took me a couple days, mostly waiting for glue to dry. Finishing took me a month.

Also I found they were... Weird using as computer speakers. Idk something sounded off, they sounded better at small room distance. I think one of the tweeters was slightly lower in efficiency than the other, it was visibly different, that may have been it. I didn't notice the difference from small room distance so I ended up putting them in my living room.

Also, before you glue them shut tune how much polyfill you want in there, just play around with different amounts until you like the sound. The back press-fits well enough for temporary listening.
>>
File: hammnd.png (2 MB, 662x3433) Image search: [Google]
hammnd.png
2 MB, 662x3433
Closest i've gotten to a speaker build is pic related. Would love to design speakers from the ground-up though. Full engineering mode with T/S parameters and FEA analysis and shit. Eh, someday
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.