[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /diy/, I plan on building a MADE Camber desk in a larger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: Sequence 01.Still001 edit.jpg (148 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
Sequence 01.Still001 edit.jpg
148 KB, 1280x640
Hey /diy/, I plan on building a MADE Camber desk in a larger size to fit against a wall. I will plastidip it to make it a nice white but am not sure how get the shape nor the material to do this. Also not sure the best way to fit the legs on the curved surface. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
>>
File: desk.jpg (201 KB, 1280x895) Image search: [Google]
desk.jpg
201 KB, 1280x895
Picture of the desk. I won't be including the drawer.
>>
>>927408
>get the shape
Depends on the material.

>nor the material
Well, what do you have available? What are your skills? Whats the budget? Can you give us ANY fucking info bro?

>Also not sure the best way to fit the legs on the curved surface
Depends on the materials.

>Any advice would be appreciated
You can start with reading the fucking sticky. You can then make a post that isn't retarded. Then we might help you. Sage cause I ain't gonna bump this.
>>
>>927478
Working down the sticky;

>ask google
I couldn't find anything on google for getting a shape in such a deep piece. Was looking under the presumption of using wood, and with no one local able to do this if there was a better way of doing this before going down that route.

>list resources
I am asking trying to find the optimal way to do this regardless of resources time etc., I was thinking wood would be best but as you said getting the shape depends on the material, if a certain wood or something else is best I would like to know. Regarding skills, if I don't have them I can find someone that does, but its best to approach with an idea in mind hence I am here trying to find the best way, before finding the people for it.

>pictures
The attached should give a good idea of what I am going for?

For your points

>shape and material
"not sure how get the shape nor the material to do this", again trying to be optimal

>advice
I did read the sticky, maybe I didn't clarify resources but thats it. And thats because I am trying to find out what I need, and am then going to get it

So again, any help at all would be useful, coming from if you were doing this, how would you go about it.
>>
>>927506
>optimal
Optimal based on what? Cost? Durability? Weight?

If cost is no option and you don't care about weight just weld the shit together out of steel.
>>
>>927648
Optimal to get the shape. This is all about getting the curved surface. Though weight would matter as it still has to be held up by the legs as it is being used as a desk
>>
File: how2desk.jpg (405 KB, 1552x3008) Image search: [Google]
how2desk.jpg
405 KB, 1552x3008
>>927408
Plywood OP. Lots of plywood. Pic should be self explanatory, be sure to bevel the strips you use on the ends to match the curve of the bottom piece and you should be looking good.

>>927478
Will someone ban this rampaging faggot already?
>>
>>927838
I think this is the way I'm going, thanks for the help
>>
File: download.jpg (29 KB, 277x541) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
29 KB, 277x541
>>927838
Fuck, forgot legs. Before you fix the curved section to the top, drill and hammer some (at minimum) 10mm blind nuts into it, then affix some matching hanger bolts into the top of your leg. This will let you screw them on and off as needed. Might be worth a felt washer between the top of the leg and the table so you don't tear up the plastidip/whatever you finish it with when you tighten it down.

>>927839
No worries. We better see some pics once it's done faggot.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.