[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a pair of very strong torsion springs that I could probably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: torsion_door.jpg (62 KB, 1200x481) Image search: [Google]
torsion_door.jpg
62 KB, 1200x481
I have a pair of very strong torsion springs that I could probably only get 1 turn out of, they are about 1" diameter.
I also have a "rope" (for the sake of simplicity) that I need to move 3 feet with a little bit of spring assist.
Is there any simple way to turn high torque low movement action into high movement low torque action when dealing with springs?

What I am thinking of doing is in essence a miniature garage door, but I think garage door torsion springs spool a lot more times than once, don't they?
>>
>>927088
Put the spring on a rod that will be secured at both ends. Secure one end of the spring to something solid to keep it from rotating, and secure the other to a wheel that turns on the rod. Size the wheel such that it gives you the torque and movement that you want. Secure the rope to the wheel.
>>
I've only seen industrial doors being worked on . But if you look at your garage door spring you'll see it has paint on it probably in a corkscrew fashion. Before its tensioned that paint is in a single straight line along the entire coil. They'd count their quarter turns and usually it be around 40 or more. So roughly 10 or more full rotations.

Just something I picked up driving the gdoor guy around on an order selector. But we're also talking like 30x30 doors.

>TFW one of the springs snaps when you're driving through the door and door comes crashing down on top of the forklift cage. Make it rain tempered glass.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.