[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I bought this A-Ha tape that I found at a resale shop and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 4L_JsoM9rwF.jpg (123 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
4L_JsoM9rwF.jpg
123 KB, 750x1334
So I bought this A-Ha tape that I found at a resale shop and when I got home I noticed that the little foam thing on the tape wasn't attached and was just floating around so I took it out of the tape
What would be the best method of getting that back in there?
Would super clue work or could I use tape or something to save me a trip from the store ?
>>
>>925113
don't use super glue on foam, but any other glue would do, PVA, double side sticky tape, a world of kiddie diy is open to you.
Also wtf are you doing with a fucking tape in 2015?
Rhetorical question I'm going to bed, GL.
>>
>>925113

just find a sacrificial cassette and take it apart, remove the whole assembly with the foam and put it in the cassette you want to save and put it back together. I would be weary of using glue on it or anywhere near the tape itself. if you get glue on it, it will fuck up the head when it tries to play it.

and dont listen to this fuckstain >>925116
theres nothign wrong with having tapes in 2015+1. that guy is just mad because hes only 15 and has never had the pleasure of using old technology and cannot appreciate it
>>
I've fixed many of those but it's been so long I can't remember what I used.
Generally superglue isn't good for porous stuff but it would probably work fine if it were used sparingly(not so much the pad would soak it up)
Rubber cement would probably work fine.
I've probably fixed them with wood glue even.

Don't try to take the tape apart, you're liable to do more damage than good.

Sauce:I grew up with cassettes.
>>
you can easily replace the whole spring/foam combination from a different cassette. undo the 5 screws, lay it flat on a table, and pull off the top. the spring/foam thingy will just fall out.
>>
>>925113
Oh just use wood glue, i used some local variation on shoe glue. Works well enough and wont stick to the tape, degrade when heated or eat the foam.
Also who the fuck uses cassette tapes anyway? I was so glad when CD players came out, and I blew so much money on my first MP3 player that it's insane. What are you some sort of hipster?
>>
>>925353
>Don't try to take the tape apart, you're liable to do more damage than good.

I found a crushed (ran over by car) Walkman that had a RHC tape in it.

Took it back to the dorms and got the tape out. Unscrewed a maxell cassette and transferred tape, worked just fine.

sauce: am not a sperglord autist
>>
>>925393
>lay it flat on a table
there two ways tho - the right way up, and the wrong way up. Get this wrong, you'll end up like a kitten with a ball of wool - cassette surgery is a complex business, not to be understimated by the amateur.

The springs still there, you have the foam, dab of glue, replace right way up (glue side underneath) leave to dry for three weeks, and good is. Or not, its still Norwegian p!sh.
>>
>>925425
>maxell cassette
Ah, I remember those, Quality.
A pre-recorded tape doesn't have screws and OP didn't say he has a quality case.

>sperglord autist
Yea, he should try hunting down a new case instead of applying a drop of glue.
>>
>>925345
>and dont listen to this fuckstain >>925116 (You)
>theres nothign wrong with having tapes in 2015+1. that guy is just mad because hes only 15 and has never had the pleasure of using old technology and cannot appreciate it

Actually I'm 25, I remember Cassettes fondly, but cut forward to 2016 when I have a computer full of FLAC audio files that don't degrade with every listen and a google music account with 10,000 songs on it, that's as light and small as the digital nothing it's made of.
Tell me exactly how cassette is some how better old man?
>>
>>925430
>there two ways tho - the right way up, and the wrong way up

no, there arent 2 ways. a cassette case is perfectly symmetrical inside except for the screw holes. so ''top'' just refers to where the screws are. if you lift it carefully, the tape, the rollers, and the spring should all stay put.
>>
>>925508
>a cassette case is perfectly symmetrical inside
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4126283.html - read & learn - or open a cassette?

>Fucking OPs pic would do - symmetrical? Aha! Fuck, NO.
>>
>>925393

this was already suggested here >>925345
goddamn I hate dumb people who dont read all the replies then paste the same fucking thing.
>>
>>925345
Just thought I'd chime in at this point and say I'm in my fifties, I remember cassette tapes only too well, and I'm very, very pleased to never have to use this completely rubbish medium ever again. Bulky, fragile, poor fidelity, short lifespan. The love for vinyl, to a degree, I understand, but cassette tapes have no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
>>
>>925523

but, during their time I bet you thought this was the greatest shit to be invented. come on man, everything was HI TECH at some point and people marveled over it like it was a god. just because it isnt now, doesnt mean you cant appreciate it
>>
>>925577
Meh? They were convenient as mp3s are today. They weren't ever better than what we had before, not at the consumer level anyway. Also very susceptible to heat.
>>
>>925523
>Bulky, fragile, poor fidelity, short lifespan. The love for vinyl, to a degree, I understand,
bulky - wut? As in walkman+cassette is bulky, 1210+amp+speakers+12" is 'portable' sort of shit? While you probably (hopefully..) trolling, the rest of your points are uttter nonsense as well - got mixtapes from rave period, still sound as fucked now as they did back in the days - the glorious tape was the first medium to offer true playlist creativity, could swap em, sell em, make 'em as presents for 'that girl(s)'.. ah fuck mp3s, tapes were great.
>>
>>925584

yeah all the niggers in the hood passed out their mixtapes.
>>
File: 1452008140736.jpg (59 KB, 513x510) Image search: [Google]
1452008140736.jpg
59 KB, 513x510
just fixed my dio tape, super glue it back on nigger nuts
>>
>>925596
all the niggers in the hood passed out from old english and chicken
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.