[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
being a drywaller is the worst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 15
File: losers.jpg (82 KB, 283x424) Image search: [Google]
losers.jpg
82 KB, 283x424
Prove this isn't the worst trade
>Protip: you can't
>>
File: CuXEx2k.jpg (725 KB, 1463x2094) Image search: [Google]
CuXEx2k.jpg
725 KB, 1463x2094
>>917864
https://youtu.be/TlRjbV-rT-E
>>
>>917864
>being a drywaller is the worst
Not everybody can do it. A good drywaller is good to have and hard to come by. I take it pic isn't related. Get good at it before you bitch. Anybody that doesn't like their job without getting good at it first - give it a few years- and wants to bitch about it should just quit and do something else. Change your attitude and learn from your peers good or bad learn from it. Your working, keep it up
>>
>>917882
Dry wall, sheet rock thread? My parents just added an addition to their late life stage lake house. Concrete poured, framing done, roof done, electrical done. Today I drove 1.45 hours away and we hung up 500 sq ft of ceiling insulation, batting pink r-19. And then hung up a bunch of wall stuff. Then crawled up and sank the catwalk in. I'll be doing more work on that later. Not happy with it. They got the windows in and its all sealed up, except for soffit, and siding. Will be done tomorrow by the framer. Next step is dry wall for 90% of it. Some of the closet space will be access panels to all of the water and electric.
>>
File: car-crashing-houses-7.jpg (31 KB, 500x438) Image search: [Google]
car-crashing-houses-7.jpg
31 KB, 500x438
>>917864
I can tell you've never done roofing before.
>>
im 22yrs old been doing drywall for 5yrs n yes i did it while i finished high school. it takes more skill than u think. tape and floating its difficult bcs skill is require. i will say it pays so little for a quality job...well here in texas. but thats why u keep learning new trades and move on. i do remodels and new homes from start to finished and im only 22. just pay attention to new trades and include them in ur next job so u can charge more. but yes dont bitch about ur job if u dont like it move on...theres worst jobs out there
>>
>>917890
Not OP but I'd much rather roof than hang Sheetrock.
>>
>>917886
>Next step is dry wall for 90% of it
Cool, sounds like a major project in it's entirety. I'm not good at drywall, I can do it sure but don't have enough experience for finish work and know enough that if you don't do the drywall well in the beginning the end result won't be good either depending on who cares. I'd be inclined to hire it out at least the 10% probably more in my instance.
Texture is another one that takes some experience to mach-up existing and somebody that can do it is something I've paid for and am happy with.
Something the drywaller shared with me was to bring the texture can up to room temperature. My job only required a few of the spray cans in the sink. Apparently different texture temperatures bring different results just as much as different nozzles.
>>
>>917896
I've done both. I'd rather sheetrock. Too many stupid things happen on a roof. SOMEONE is always a moron or forgetting something vitally important. I've seen too many near death slips, falls, and someone hanging onto the gutter of a 3-story house over a garden of tomato stakes to want to do roofing professionally again.

The worst I've seen when sheetrocking is someone grabbing the wrong tape.
>>
>>917892
Well, I can tell you're from Texas and barely graduated.
>>
>>918001
And we can all tell you're a cunt, collegeboy
>>
>>917864
Have you ever done:

>plumbing
>masonry
>farming
>programming

No? then shut the fuck up. I'd rather spend twelve hours hanging sheetrock than eight hours trying to track down a bug in the code, or six hours hauling hod for masonry, or four hours redoing the plumbing in a house with broken pipes, or three hours working with livestock. Get out there and live, man. Fuck. Or, if you're the type to bitch about every single thing you ever do, just kill yourself now and put everyone else you interact with out of their misery.
>>
>>917864
If you mean building trades only, I'm inclined to agree, with roofing a close second. Added a room to my house, did all the work myself, liked drywalling the least. It's dirty, dusty, heavy, while you're doing it there isn't much else that can be done, and there's a steep learning curve. Looks easy, and the actual movements you make are easy, but the results... Ugh.

But ANY trade? Farming, man. Long days; also dirty, dusty, heavy, etc., with the added bonus of every three to five years Mother Nature pumps you in the ass with a hail storm, or no rain all summer, or rain ALL SUMMER, just to show you who's boss. And you can't call in. Ever.
>>
>>917890
I don't mind roofing if it's spring or fall and about 50 degrees F.

Could never do it as a living because die of heat stroke in the summer or fingers freeze and fall off in winter.

I could do the hanging of drywall, but taping/plastering/sanding is so tedious I would just eat a bullet instead.
>>
Eh ? It's easy apart from trying to do a ceiling off a set of step ladders.
>>
Our theory classes at trade school are right next to the drywallers' shop classes and it looks like such a pain.

Plumbing looks pretty shitty (pun not intended) too.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>917864
Drywallers are scrubs.

Lath and plaster is god teir. Drywall is for shitty contractors that need to reach their quota for the month. Same goes for asphalt shingles, particle board, and plywood. Contractors makes shitty houses in the USA.
>>
>>918100

That is a weird way to spell Concrete and Mortar, which is the only thing other than Green Heart that you would ever want to use in a tropical environment if you are building to last more than 3 years.

Also

>/diy
>talking about trades
>>
>>918103
Come on man, look at his post. He's clearly assmad deadweight who got bounced out of the trade for being useless at his job and now has a chip on his shoulder. Stop feeding trolls.
>>
Worst trade job
My girlfriend is a technician at a Colonic Irrigation Clinic
Worst entry level job ever
She believes that it is a good backdoor into the Spa Industry
I told her that sounds like a lot of shit, to me
>>
I did some drywall for the walls and ceiling, it wasn't too difficult once I got used to the arm actions. You'd need to be physically fit to do that as a living.

I love how quickly the pros manage it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ17oTw0jkI
>>
File: wahwaaah.png (19 KB, 141x141) Image search: [Google]
wahwaaah.png
19 KB, 141x141
>>918148
>>
>>917882
>I take it pic isn't related
are you some kind of tuberous root?
>>
File: Doge_.jpg (46 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
Doge_.jpg
46 KB, 599x600
>>917890
>never done roofing before.
Well, you're in luck. I happen to be a professional.
I could give you some woofing estimates
>>
I'd say working in irrigation is the worst because no one understands it and it's the least important thing until it's not working and thousands of dollars of landscaping get fucked.
>>
>Grew up dirt poor in a small town with borderline retard white trash parents. I think I've done it all.

>>918027
Farming is 97% easy work and 3% hard work. Getting dusty and carrying the occasional heavy object isn't bad. Breaking down in the field sucked ass before cell phones.
Ranching is much more difficult, haying any fucking thing in freezing mist and ankle deep mud is miserable but bearable. Trying to winch a calf out of a cow in the mud and then accidentally slipping or worse, having to use a moving vehicle because of time and getting traction and breaking the calf's neck/leg/whatever and ripping the cow beyond repairable and then having to shoot her is heartbreaking and expensive.
>Done a combo on/off for years. Most of family does it.
>>917890
Sucks but only thing that really sucked to me was idea of falling off, company I was working for idea's of safety was calling you a pussy.
>Lasted a summer because I wasn't a quitter.
>>917864
It's really fucking easy. You carry a little bit of heavy shit around and that's it. No worse than a painter really.
>Never worked one commercially, but have done a lot of drywall shit and work around them all the time.
Worst job that I've? Installing sprinkler systems in Texas. As close to hell as you can get, 100F and while the ditch witch took care of probably 80% of the trenching, the last 20% was backbreaking.

>Plumbing where you have to dig sucks ass in general. Now that I have money, water leaks and shit backed up are the only jobs I don't fuck with anymore around the house.
>>
>>917864
On site, basic dry wall skill is something that will come over time, I've found this first hand. Forming openings or doctoring openings.

Once you get those basics and you have a good knowledge of setting out the rest will come.

Most companies such as saint gobain/lafarge/British gypsum/knauf give standards for jointing and stud spacing.

It's easy.
>>
Why don't you yanks actually plaster all that often? Plasterboarding is simple.
>>
>>918293
This said I will add plastering is a different game. Plastering is a skill. I've tried it and it's hard. That isn't something you can pick up easily.

Drywallers have it easy plasterers and renderers do not.
>>
>>918261

Here it is different.

We push irrigation as part of the package because it doesn't make sense to let $150,000 worth of landscaping be ruined over $8,000 worth of irrigation.
>>
>>918290

>ripping the cow beyond repairable

What the fuck did you expect when you tie some rope around a partially delivered calf and tie the other end around your dually's leaf spring get in the drivers seats and rev it like BAM BAM BAM and select D for maximum fucking dead animal?
>>
>>917943
What shit builder puts gutters on before shingles ?
>>
>>918341
The kind who are repairing the roof, not installing it for the first time.
>>
roofing is the worst at least doing irrigation you can come to work hungover and not die because you are not actually hung over in fact you are still drunk and got the spins woops
>>
>>917886
why are you telling me this

this isnt' facebook faggot
>>
Im a carpenter for a residential company that does around 90% additions and remodels. I've done concrete forms and flatwork, framing, flooring, tile, cabinet install, windows and doors, trim, etc.

The only things we dont do ourselves are mechanicals and roofing and drywall. Mechanicals because its a specialized trade and roofing and drywall because they can blow through it so much faster with the experience they have its nowhere near cost effective to do anything than a porch roof or hang one room.

The thing about my part is that you're expected to know at least entry level things for every trade that will come through the door and are responsible for having things set up for them to efficiently do their job. Its a cool position to be in, but you also have to do the clean up for a lot of shitty trades that leave their trash and waste all over the job, along with making sure some asshole plumber/electrician/HVAC tech doesnt cut and notch everything within reach and try to collapse the house doing a trial and error run on their pipes/wires/ducting.

A lot of trades are easy with time, experience and tools, but the biggest thing that turns that around is working new construction vs. existing. 9 times out of 10 the people that built whatever you're working on were complete fucking idiots and now its your job to fix it and do what you were supposed to do in the first place.
>>
>>918418
>be cabinet installer/main contractor for a house remodel
>pull off job after cabinets are installed
>electrician does finals, screws sticking through bottom of every single cabinet for under-cabinet lights
>wire clippings in every single cabinet drawer
>drywaller does work in basement
>globs of mud everywhere
>giant glob right on homeowner's glasses on workbench
>plumber barely hand-tightens the P-traps, leaking
>loses dishwasher toekick

fucking subs REEEEE
>>
I'm an Electrician and I think my trade is awesome. Other than trenching, working in attics in the summer and crawlspaces/confined spaces it's pretty gud.
>>
>>918305
>City faggot who has probably made at least 3 threads about going "off the grid" detected.
Usually used the tractor, good luck getting to where they were in a truck. The dumb fucks seem to know when it's going to be trouble and run to the furthest, lowest pasture you have.
When the (usually big) calf isn't able to breathe once you rotate them the best you can but could live, and the cow has lost a ridiculous amount of blood, it's a race against the clock. It's not a science and it works almost every time saving both, but failures are usually fucked up.
>>
>>918151
>I love how quickly the pros manage it
You know you have the right guy doing the work when he doesn't have to tarp and I tape off the the whole area because minimal to zero sanding is needed from start to finish, including texture. And doesn't take all day doing it.
>>
>>918458

I have never lived in a city, suburb, village or even what you call a farm. I do live in the bush but I am still on the grid.

Admittedly I have never helped deliver a calf, we only have chickens, but tieing them to a tractor just doesn't sound right
>>
File: dunno.jpg (4 MB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
dunno.jpg
4 MB, 4288x2848
>>917864
It's barely a trade.
Where I live plasterers do it themselves except we'd scrim the joints before skimming the whole walls. I did it for 7 years before moving onto greener pastures. Sure it can suck holding one side of an 8' x 4' slab over your head while the other guy gets the screws in but other than that it's easy.
>>
>>918567
Don't argue with rednecks man.
Nowdays you have ratcheting mechanisms, or just use ropes and a wooden stick.
Also having your 70 litre V8 running, shouting in native redneck literally doesn't calm the cow and makes delivering a calf way harder.
>>
File: 1450641649027.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1450641649027.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>918161
>are you some kind of tuberous root?
That's a new one!

Well yeah that pick does look like a disaster. Good pic though were you guys able to finish the job?
>>
File: 1445658073724s.jpg (2 KB, 125x93) Image search: [Google]
1445658073724s.jpg
2 KB, 125x93
>>918100
>Lath and plaster
Pic is removing cracked mortar and plaster. Is it being replaced?
Who builds this way anymore?
>>
>>918934
All of Europe because we're not cheap and we build houses to last hundred s of years
>>
>>917882
>work a job you hate for a few years before you decide you hate it
This is how you get stuck at a shitty job you can't afford to leave because the benefits/insurance/pay/ect.
You can tell within 3 months if you like a job or not.
>>
>>918027
I grew up on a farm. Spent 90 percent of the time jerking off, 8 percent of the time spraying fertilizer/pesticide/herbicide, and 2 percent of the time planting/harvesting.

I agree with you on the having mother nature have you by the balls, though. Hell, even years where we get everything in perfect amounts we still get shafted. Bumper crops are almost worse financially than draught/flood years.

Unless you're one of those lucky fucks who can afford to store the grain for a year or two and sell it when prices are high.
>>
>>918415
Dude, people post "what I built today" here all the time.
>>
>>917943
>The worst I've seen when sheetrocking is someone grabbing the wrong tape.
I've seen much worse. How about the dumbass hangers get the whole house done, but forgot to cut out or mark any electrical socket or switch boxes? The contractor was so angry he turned purple, it was funny as hell for me, I was just measuring for flooring.
>>
>>919032
>You can tell within 3 months if you like a job or not.
Depending upon your options sometimes it's good to give things a chance. If the environment your in and person supposed to be training you isn't, that's a good indicator to find another company but sometimes that's not workable either. Jumping from job to job is not a good career plan.
>>
>>919092
No "hangers" would do this. This would be an example of some dorky amateur builder who had his laborers hang the sheetrock because it's "easy" and to save money.

>>917864
Finishing is ok. Hanging is shitty.
>>
Lolololol. Try being on ur knees, bending over at weird angles, and constantly having to get up and back down, being exposed to ceramic dust and mortor dust for 8+ hours a day. Welcome to tileing.
>>
>>917864
Those stilts look awesome.
>>
File: Plan #120-174.png (848 KB, 1004x448) Image search: [Google]
Plan #120-174.png
848 KB, 1004x448
>>919020
>All of Europe because we're not cheap and we build houses to last hundred s of years
The buildings in Europe lasting hundred s of years that I know of are made by masons. Sure there's historic places made with timbers, lath concrete and mortar. I'm not a historian but those houses were built back when those resources were all you had, and at their prime. Today you don't have the same resources or if you want try that that you'll pay and won't be the same. I suppose some eccentric rich fuck comes along and wants that, seems there's always some crazy fuck doing that shit. For somebody today to say that's how it's done (anywhere) isn't quite right is it?
>>
>>919020
>our houses last forever!

Yeah, but it doesn't fucking matter when your stone cold and six feet deep. Or the matter of anyone else caring

>>919140
Lol is that why all you fucks cant clean your grout off of baseboards or toekicks Or clean up grout haze.
>>
File: sewernew-kantwadi.jpg (60 KB, 409x307) Image search: [Google]
sewernew-kantwadi.jpg
60 KB, 409x307
>>917873
In India you don't get a diving suit.
>>
>>919287
>In India you don't get a diving suit.
India is a poor nation isn't it?
This guy might have just volunteered to unclog the pipe and got photographed as a local hero.
>>
>>919266
No they dont. You just see a few that havnt fallen into disrepair because those ones happenned to be accidentally built on stable geology. Like how the pyramids of giza are still standing while barely anything else is. Even the sphinx is fallijg over. Its been propped up for thousands of years but its rapidly going to shit because muh ozymandias, muh ancient historical wonder value. Those old buildings you are talking about are like my axe. It was my grandfathers. Only had two new heads and three new handles.
>>
File: Snap 2015-12-23 at 17.07.09.png (290 KB, 649x293) Image search: [Google]
Snap 2015-12-23 at 17.07.09.png
290 KB, 649x293
>>919287
horrible
>>
File: 5180361642_cfdbdd3f54.jpg (81 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
5180361642_cfdbdd3f54.jpg
81 KB, 333x500
>>919320
OH yes they do. People who know (that live there) know this first hand. I encourage you to visit these places. Religious diatribes aside, places like the Old Catholic Church of the Netherlands, or just go to Paris and you'll find a ton of interesting old historic buildings in use that are literally hundreds of years old.
>>
>>919306
Lol what. No he's untouchable social pariah. Literally untouchable, that is the name of his caste now because he did that work.
>>
>>919334
>social pariah. Literally untouchable, that is the name of his caste now because he did that work.
What of the clog (flood) How long does it take for the authorities to get there and unclog it?
>>
File: 1450661619823.jpg (30 KB, 283x424) Image search: [Google]
1450661619823.jpg
30 KB, 283x424
>>917864
>>
>>919343
Are stilts the shit or are they more pompous than reality?
>>
>>919331
They're still maintained. Any house will last a thousand years if it's maintained. Not some special property of stone houses.
>>
>>919351
>They're still maintained. Any house will last a thousand years if it's maintained. Not some special property of stone houses.
To last over 600 years it goes beyond maintenance. The structure itself ensures it's longevity or it wouldn't be here today. Maintenance is respect.
>>
>>919342
No. They still use them. that's just all they are allowed to do and everyone shuns them. They ain't no hero.

It's not like how you'd go to a bar and hangout with a garbage man or a plumber after they've had a chance to clean up. In India you'd get up and go to another bar if they came in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untouchability
"in India applies to people whose work relates to "death, bodies, meat, and bodily fluids"

They have tried to stop it but have really not changed very much. That guy has a shitty job and a shitty life. I'm sorry for him but it is like it is.
>>
>>919441
>that's just all they are allowed to do and everyone shuns them
What happens in their life that degrades them to this level?
>>
>>919442
They were born. That's why it's a caste system.
>>
>>917890
I did landscaping for 2 years. I did 1 roof with a relative. You won't get me on a roof again. Anyone who does a roof for me will be showered with free drinks, pizza, and $20 bills.

Landscaping
>hot in the summer
>consistent hard labor
>low risk of injury
>yellow jackets are the biggest threat
>after dying a a truck accident because your foreman thinks he can make 1 more yellow light.

I work in a mill now. Kind of miss it. No drug tests was a big perk.

Roofing
>hot whenever the sun shines
>death if a hot sunny day
>I would rather hump 10 tons of veralock and 10 tons of 2B gravel a day than run 1 square of shingles up a ladder
>sliding down a 12/12 pitch because the aggregate is 25 years old and poorly adhered.
>Your boss forgot to include roof jacks in estimate and tells you to wing it.

Drywall guys have my respect though. Family did a 600sqft addition in an attic and had it all plastered. Not mud and tape, but mixing up hundreds of pounds of plaster and putting it over everything. 2 tons of drywall, 2 tons of plaster, and 3 days laster they were out of these.

>>918305
>select D for maximum fucking dead animal?

I loled way too hard at this.
>>
Scaffolding. Work around those guys when doing power plant maintenance. Couldn't pay me enough to do it.
>>
>>919349
They are a tool. Much like a hammer, they're used to complete a task.
>>
>>918014
Working with livestock is soothing, man.
You don't have to deal with any bullshit, except literal bull shit.
>>
>>919449
>>919441
how do locals "know" that person is an untouchable though? they make them wear badges or what?
>>
>>919361
Did you know there are mud huts in. Centeral africa who are 300 years old and still standing?..

Yup cowshit and grass. Such a superior building material...
>>
>>920079
>300 years old and still standing?..
Probably some "Trigger's broom" type principle at play there though. Due to maintenance the material has probably turned over to an extent.
>>
>>920030
Probably the same reason all the girls stayed away from you in high school.
>>
>>920255
>Not 'Ship of Theseus'
Philistine be gone.
>>
i work structural steel, and even i feel for the structural concrete guys. be it tilt-ups or poured in place with table forms and shit.

looks fucking back breaking. that and rod-busting.
>>
>>918431
Just fucking do commercial, residential its the worst.
>>
>>917864
>worst trade
The guy who cleans out the Porta - shitters on the job site would like to have a word with you.
>>
I am a Roofer/Metal Roofer/Protan Welder

Mostly been tasked with Protan roofs lately

A shitty job is when you have to isolate a roof in 30 celcius with cheap Russian knock off Rockwool in 30m/s wind

litteraly kill me id rather hang in on some cathedral spire and fix the cooper plates or fight a beehive on some roofs

at least were one of the more respected proffesion on a work site.
>>
>>920797
>roofer
>respected
In the US they are criminals with jobs. Or mexicans.
>>
>>917864
you know how i can tell you've never laid a commercial asphalt roof on a hot august afternoon?
>>
>>918567
>we only have chickens, but tieing them to a tractor just doesn't sound right

you wont know until you try
>>
>>919331
and they literally cost a fortune to maintain
>>
>>920803
to be fair, that's any construction job in usa. we dont let our best&brightest swing hammers or lay tile.
>>
>>920822
>we don't let out best and brightest
Unless they're convicted criminals. Then they're forced to work as line cooks and construction workers. Doesn't matter if you're an MIT grad, if you've got a conviction under your belt, there's fuck all for jobs unless you know someone who'll overlook that for you.
>>
maybe worst trade but we all know construction laborer is the worst.

they do the shit no one else wants to do.
>>
>>918570
This. I'm a plasterer, and I was thinking exactly the same.
>>
>>917864
>Prove this isn't the worst trade
Masonry or Tile are worse
>>
Manufacturing and fitting granite and other stone surfaces is by far the worse trade. I can assure you.
>>
>>917864
Being a roofer is worse. We used to refer to it as nigger work.

In the sun all day, burnt to a crisp. Hauling 50lb bundles of shingles up wobbly ladders. Covered in soot from previous shingles. Shit pay. Fuck that.
>>
>>921245

this
>>
>>920030

Poor people in India are abjectly poor. You know who they are because they literally own nothing. India is a weird mashup of first world and third world living conditions right next to each other.

At the bottom of Indian society you've got people who are homeless or who live in tents by the side of the road. They sort through trash for useful items and sell them for pennies to get through the day.

One step up from them you've got people who live in very basic slums. Think of mud-hut style living: no utilities in your house, communal toilets, go down to the river to wash yourself, etc. But, these people have a roof over their heads.

At the top of Indian society you've got a middle class who live better than the American middle class (because there are so many people, labor is incredibly cheap, so you pay someone to do all of your household chores).

At the very top you've got people just as wealthy as the richest people in the Western world.

So to answer your question, you know the untouchables because they own virtually nothing, and it's pretty obvious who you are when you've been wearing the same set of clothes for the last year and you strip naked and go dunking in sewers for your job every day.
>>
>>919322
>All of them look like they're doing hard work unclogging
>Except the guy in the bottom right corner
>He's clearly having a bath.
>>
>>917864
I volunteer for Habitat for Humanity
it is by far my least favorite task
>>
>all these white people complaining about labor jobs
this is why mexicans take them all
>>
>>917864
did drywalling for a build I did six months ago, it was a nighmare

there were only 2 of us, so lifting the larger boards required ancient Egyptian 2x4 skills

the dust is awful, working over your head is awful, sanding it is awful

give me roofing guttering cement polishing, plumbing framework, fucking anything but dry wall
>>
>>924879
>At the top of Indian society you've got a middle class who live better than the American middle class
No indian lives better than even the poorest american. The indian middle class is tiny, maybe a few million and even they have to breathe in foul polluted air, drink nasty water and walk in shit covered streets. Almost a billion indians live in conditions comparable to sub saharan africa. Almost every indian is desperate to get out of india and live in the white mans civilization
>>
>>925324

He gave his reason why. The fact that a middle class man in India can afford a full time housekeeper, gardner, baby sitter and has a guy he calls anytime something breaks/needs installing.

Here in the west indies it is similar. I am lower middle class but I have a housekeeper and a gardener because at even my modest pay grade I make more by spending the extra half hour at work and paying someone for 8 hours of cleaning, tidying, laundry, polishing, scrubbing and so on.

I also still have a flat screen, internet, PlayStation 4, a vehicle, a house, 1/2 acre of yard and then money set aside for hobby work. If I wanted a power boat I could afford it but that would cut too much into my buffer for me to live comfortably with no job for 2 years (just in case)

And I am one step above pleb.
>>
>>925337
Sure a handful of people can enjoy the fruits of cheap labor in a 3rd world society. But corruption, crime, pollution etc make them shitholes overall to live in.
>>
>>925341

It isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

It primarily depends on your inter personal skills and your grasp of reality.

Source: I live in a 3rd world society that is heading backwards
>>
>>925341

In fact traveling and working throughout new York state, California, florida the whole of europe and Istanbul I can safely say that the even the shittiest west Indian island is significantly better to live in than all of those places.
>>
>>925351
you sound like an angry nigger...west indies is full of drug fueled corruption, poverty, crime, disease etc..And niggers are the main source of these probs in the US as well
>>
>>925363
tidf gtfo
>>
>>925535
btfo nig
>>
Are there any trades I can get into without any experience and any training in them?

Or is my best bet an apprenticeship?
>>
>>925558
>without experience
Nope. School or apprentice.
Well, unless you like roofing, framing, or drywall.
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.