[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genos cosplay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: Genos.jpg (83 KB, 700x933) Image search: [Google]
Genos.jpg
83 KB, 700x933
Hey /diy/
Wanting to do a Genos cosplay but I've never attempted something like this before

I'm basically going to copy the picture and am wondering how to make the arms (first thought was foam or drainpipes) and the lights on the arms and the chest - oh and how to power them as well

Pic related
>>
File: el wire 3.jpg (96 KB, 607x608) Image search: [Google]
el wire 3.jpg
96 KB, 607x608
you could use LED strips with a 12Vdc battery pack, or EL wire using an inverter that provides 160Vac, also powered by batteries.
>>
>>921731
Check out how they made the outfits for Tron Legacy.

Armor go EVA foam and heat gun it into shape. You can wrap yourself in plastic wrap and tape to draw out a shape to cute the foam. Krylon black base coat and add detail from there.

Aliexpress is full of lights, sparkfun is helpful as well.

If its suppose to have dotted lights get a premade LED strip, if its something like Tron its EL Tape. Depending on how much lights you have either battery back or Inverter if its a fuck load of lights. (The Tron disc mount was an inverter with a wireless remote in it to control the lights) Be aware inverters can have a hum so if you are like me and have dog ears it can be annoying.
>>
Does EL wire only work in the dark?
>>
ask /cgl/
>>
EL wire is kind of faint, so it works best in low-light. in sunlight, for example, you cant even tell if it's lit.
>>
>>921731
just go as saitoman... Shave your head and wear yellow PJ's and a red towel as a cape. Viola! 10/10, plus you're playing a way cooler character.

Or be that prison super hero and just go as yourself(loose "op=fag" joke. No insult meant though... just falling into 4chan tropes.)
>>
>>922152
Everyone always underestimates sunlight.
Perceived brightness is logarithmic in comparison to lumens
>>
>>921794
thats not LED, that's EL
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.