[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Food safe sealant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
I'm wanting to make my spring form pan(similar to pictured) water tight as it leaks a bit when I use it in a water bath for my cheesecakes. So what would be a good thing to put on the removable spring bit that would make a good seal when its attached to the base and 'locked' in
>>
Silicone is food safe when cured.
>>
this is a question with obvious answers...how is it being asked

aquariums use various products (silicones) that are safe for the fish. if its safe for them, its safe for you.
>>
>>921937
Seriously? you're trying to over-engineer this
>pic related

>spring form pan
>make cheesecake
>set pan and cake on center of foil
>fold sides of foil up the side of the pan
>set foil wrapped cheescake pan in waterbath in the oven
>bake
>remove pan
>fold down foil
>remove ring
>eat entire cheescake during Walking Dead marathon
>switch channel to qvc to by stair stepper when you promise yourself that you'll actually start working out this new years

https://youtu.be/w-0TEJMJOhk
>>
>>921954
>pic related

Meant >youtube related
>>
>>921954
I still somehow manage to get water makin muh crust mooshy even with foil, cling wrap or both together.
>>
>>921958
How much water are you using?

When you do the foil start on one side of the pan wrap it up snugly, then fold it over the crest of the pan down inside. Work your way along one direction folding it up as you go down into the pan. Once you're all the way around, continue back around again folding any excess foil back out so that its not covering the cake surface. If you just fold it up and leave it hanging loose then moisture can condense on the inside portion and pool on the iside of the foil.
>>
>>921937
nigga when I was a kid and had problems with my cheapo spring pan leaking, I just put wax paper in it past the seal and it was fine

as a bonus, it was wax paper'd so my cakes would stop sticking to the supposed non-stick surface despite being greased to hell with enough butter to make the cake crust fuckin salty
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.