[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey there /diy/-san! ive got this old russian army helmet t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: lTxvFZU.jpg (554 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
lTxvFZU.jpg
554 KB, 2448x3264
hey there /diy/-san!

ive got this old russian army helmet that i wanna use as a headset but it has this weird 5 prong connector. i assume theyre split up as 3 for sound out and 2 for sound in but idk how id check which is which.

if anyone knows what the connector is called or can provide a circuit diagram for this helmet ill suck your dick

>pic related
http://www.russianarmysurplus.com/product/russian-tank-helmet/
>>
>what is google, you lazy fuck.

..in saying that, never found the answer after 3 mins either, but, there's You Tube videos and all sorst of shit, somehting must b useful, maybe.

But apart from lack of exact orignal schematic, conisder following - would Russian Army zank drivers have headphones wired for stereo? Do you have the other corrosponding part of this 'weird 5 prong connector' to use the orignal wiring? Is there a mic attached already?

If the answers to all above are FUCK, NO! - then, take it apart (phones removable as washable), put in new cable, in stereo, add mic - you can see exactly what you are wiring where then.

Otherwise, prob be mono, and you need a Tank to plug them into, Comrade. May also be non-typical impedance etc. but, should work.
>>
File: Untitled.png (15 KB, 1008x630) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
15 KB, 1008x630
>>918990
OP get ready for some dick sucking.

That connector is a variation on a standard DIN connector heavyduty-ed up for used by drunk Russians.

The tow most outter pins are your headphones these are not polarised to you can turn them every witch way you like
The two inner are your mic out same as headphones no matter how you flip it
The middle pin is your grounding cable. The Russians didn't want to have their drivers or gunners electrocuted to death

Bad news tho, if you came here from >>>/v/ go back to the world of tanks circle jerk thread.

These have watchcase speakers. witch are high impedance. Witch means if you plan to use them for gayming you need a powerful (and adjustable) preamp for the speaker and mic.
Tanks have this old school engineering thing much like tube amps that things are paired from the outside in
>>
>>918990
Why doesn't your pic actually show the connector?
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.