[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tradecraft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: surveilancetrcbook.jpg (86 KB, 363x456) Image search: [Google]
surveilancetrcbook.jpg
86 KB, 363x456
Hi /diY/, /tg/ here. I need your help gathering some tradecraft information and in a broader sense to play spy with gadgets.

There is a game where you play a secret agent against Yog-Sothery. It is called Delta Green and just got its new edition kickstarted and will be released next year. But we cannot wait, we need to play it now.

One of the major points is bringing the 90s setting into the present, and boy have things changed.

Now don't go all 007 on me just yet. These agents are not always fully licensed so to say, and while sometimes they can rely on sigint from the NSA and pass their strike missions to the military, quite often they have to make do with what is available in the field.

Areas of interest that immediately come to mind are
>surveillance
>security systems
>communications
>UAVs and remotely operated vehicles
as well as anything else that seems relevant.

And there should be several levels of complexity like
>Can be gathered at a Walmart
>Can be mailordered
>Is available from specialized vendors or can be custom ordered
>Is available to law enforcement
>Is available to military
>Is rumored to be available to clandestine services

Also this is not about technical details or specific instructions but about availability and general complexity.
>>
File: secret-cia-spy-gadgets.jpg (38 KB, 770x578) Image search: [Google]
secret-cia-spy-gadgets.jpg
38 KB, 770x578
Here's what the cops have to track cell phones with.

https://theintercept.com/surveillance-catalogue/
>>
>>917353
FYI, you can get drones from Walmart now.

http://www.walmart.com/c/kp/quadcopters
>>
The NSA leaks included information about an actual catalog of electronic surveillance devices that operatives could order. Presumably there's a lab in some basement in Washington that just churns them out. And that was years ago.

These things are pretty terrifying, and almost certainly used widely by spooks and sophisticated criminals
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stingray_phone_tracker

Laser microphones have a similar "you can't hide" feeling.

Don't forget that your imaginary spooks will need HUMINT to find their targets--gadgets alone will leave you sorting grains of sand with a microscope.

One of my favorite tricks from the cold war--

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thing_%28listening_device%29
This positively boggles the mind. Today it would probably be possible to power even sophisticated electronics with a microwave beam. I imagine high value installations have detectors set up to counter it.

Rootkits and the like that turn electronic devices into a bug or betray the user's private data are so easily available and can be spread so casually, they're almost boring.
>>
>>917417
I think small guided balloons could be the less sexy but more effective option--a long loiter time can be invaluable.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.