[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to make my own Acrylic High Heels what materials and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: HH-SANDRA__0.jpg (85 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
HH-SANDRA__0.jpg
85 KB, 500x500
I want to make my own Acrylic High Heels

what materials and tools do I need to do that?
>>
>>912565
Acrylic
>>
It'll probably just be easier to buy men's sized heels on Amazon.
>>
>>912565
Can acrylic be injection molded? All I know is mass producted plastic is injection molded. You might get away with making it from just regular smooth-on molds and clear plastics. If you don't care about it bring real acrylic but will look exactly like pic related, you could make a buck from wood then use the smooth-on products. Not exactly sure how acrylics are done but that's my 2ยข
Greentext for convenience
> 1: Make a pattern/buck out of wood, clay, paper mache, fiberglassed pepkura, (whatever will be solid should work)
> 2: Once you finished making that wooden shoe(or whatever material) make a mold for it
> 3: Pour clear resin and clean trimmings and whatnot
>https://m.youtube.com/#/user/SmoothOnInc
> Maybe real acrylic can be poured into the mold, I dunno, just watch a few of the mold making tutorials
>>
>>912565
Get a bug block of clear acrylic, a saw, a cheese grater and a few files.

Shape as necessary

Polish
>>
>>912580
>Can acrylic be injection molded?

No, at least not if you want it clear.

Acrylic is cast in molds from its constituent components (which are pretty nasty, BTW), much the same as you would do with epoxy, then cured in an autoclave, I think.

Mind that the mold itself would also need to be polished to a near-mirror shine if you want the surface of the acrylic to be smooth and clear.

Cast, clear acrylic can't really be done by some random dildo in their garage unless they've got some pretty pricey equipment.

Your best bet would be and try and design something you can vacuum or otherwise heat form, which you CAN do fairly easily with clear acrylic.
>>
>>912602
Do you recommend OP vacuum form 2 pieces of acrylic, glue them together, and expect them to hold 100+lbs?
>>
>>912729
>and expect them to hold 100+lbs?

I actually need to hold 50 lbs tops

I want to design heels for young girls. I know I can profit from it since no one else is doing it.
>>
>>913163
>I want to design heels for young girls.

MODS!
>>
>>913245
The fuck is wrong with you

Shoes for young girls is not illegal you twat
>>
>>913163
monitoring thread.
>>
>>913163
> I want to contribute to the oversexualisation of youth.

Go you.
>>
File: acrylic or epoxy.jpg (141 KB, 486x946) Image search: [Google]
acrylic or epoxy.jpg
141 KB, 486x946
acrylic or epoxy, it's as easy as going to Wally-Wally-Wally-World.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (288 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
288 KB, 1500x1500
>>913163
>no one else is doing it.
>>670505
>First ask Google

heels are readily available for grils
>>
>>913163
Can you post some pics of young girls in heels please?
>>
>>913163
Why do you wanna make little girls dress like strippers and whores?
>>
>>913163

not even trolling, you will have better luck on reddit /r/diy
>>
>>913163
>I want to design acrylic high heels for young girls.
you're going to prison.
>>
>>913163
>stripper shoes for kids
>not a pedophile shoe inventor

OKAY.
>>
>>913163
Well. This thread suddenly got interesting...
>>
>>912729
idk if vacuum forming is going to work here. The Acrylic would most likely be too thick to get any good results
>>
>>913163
I bet you can't wait til you've finally made them and you can set up the photoshoot. At such a time it'll "conveniently" emerge that you're a dab-hand at photography, too, no doubt.
>>
This is gross. Not to mention high heels cause a whole slew of problems in adults who wear them often. Imagine the foot/knee problems they'd cause in kids.
>>
File: 1448659198083.jpg (43 KB, 432x288) Image search: [Google]
1448659198083.jpg
43 KB, 432x288
is this /diy/?

it seems more like /moral/

I want to make stuff, I don't want to discuss the ethics implication of my actions
>>
File: th.jpg (13 KB, 300x215) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
13 KB, 300x215
>>914980
NO
>>
>>914980
The actions that you supposedly do in your own self interest, when one does not think about how one's action reflect on others lead to disastrous results like capitalism.

In capitalism, everyone acts in their best self interest. Which leads to bizzare results like people being overworked in china, bangladesh, vietnam, india, pakistan, and the goods they make are sold to people in the west. Nobody cares about the asians or the indians, as long as they get their goods cheaply and those selling them make the most profit.

Now how would you like to have no other choice but to work in a sweatshop?
>>
>>915018
That is statism and power, not capitalism. Without a state army and currency to offload the costs of the suffering and aggression in other countries to the taxpayers, the corporation could never afford to do any of those nasty things.

Private companies kept failing to colonize the new world because the Indians kept chewing them up and spitting then out. Colonies weren't sccesfyl until the crown stepped in and protected corporations from their failures and outright supported the colonies with arms.
>>
File: 1443636179169.jpg (95 KB, 486x330) Image search: [Google]
1443636179169.jpg
95 KB, 486x330
>>915018
Jesus fuck Karl Marx, i thought we were rid of you. Go pretend you understand government and its seperation from morals somewhere else.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.