[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup, /diy/ I'm making a device to scare off moles. The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
Sup, /diy/

I'm making a device to scare off moles. The idea is to have a vibrating component attached to a PVC pipe, which should amplify the vibrations, stick it in the ground and let it work its magic.

Right now I'm at the electronic part. I was thinking of an astable multivibrator which will drive a vibrator module I got from an old phone, with pots for pause and vibration duration control. Pic related

The transistors will be 2n3904, capacitors 1mF, R1 and R4 470 Ohm resistors, R2 a 1kOhm resistor and a 2.5MOhm trimmer pot in series, for pause duration control, and R3 again a 1kOhm resistor and a 15kOhm trimmer pot for vibration duration control.

Any reasons this wouldn't work? Any tips?
Also, what voltage should I power this with?
>>
>>1023278

>vibrating module from old phone

Fuck that OP, get a Hitachi Magic Wand, attach it to a metal stake, ram that stake into the ground (the earth is a dirty slut, she wants it) and shock & awe those little burrowing rodents
>>
>>1023278
Your circuit is notorious for touchiness.
Most of the time it will work but if you change the load usually it will fuck up.
Try simulating it, I have never seen it simulated first time because it relies on imperfections.
An alternative would be a 555 timer circuit.
If you want to learn build both. If you just want your problem solved then don't build either because your plan is insane.
In theory the supply voltage would match whatever motor you used however if it draws too much current you will need a driver like a transistor or something, maybe a relay too at which point the motor voltage can be different
>>
smoke bombs
M-88s
shotgun (or a pellet gun for residential areas)
>>
File: 1466018288150.jpg (1 MB, 2927x5727) Image search: [Google]
1466018288150.jpg
1 MB, 2927x5727
Great idea. You should simulate it first and learn a little bit more about the species of mole that lives in your area and you should be fine.
>>
I must be fucking retarded because I don't know what the fuck any of that means
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.