[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was at my parents house and they're building houses on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Delivery-Truck-3.jpg (1 MB, 2178x1666) Image search: [Google]
Delivery-Truck-3.jpg
1 MB, 2178x1666
I was at my parents house and they're building houses on the other side of the community. This driver got lost and proceeded to turn around in front of my parents house which is at the end with a circle. Managed to clip the mailbox 25 degrees. When I asked for info he starts crying, says its his third strike, and is going to lose his job. Didn't know what to do. Ended up talking to a supervisor over the phone. Feel like a piece of shit /diy/. Cost this guy his job over a mailbox? How much of a POS am I? If it was my house I wouldn't mind much but their neighbours are retired and they saw it too. It was one of these big boys pic related.
>>
>>1018419
>Cost this guy his job over a mailbox? How much of a POS am I?

It was not ONE mailbox, obviously he has a history, which proves him UNSUITABLE for his job, he crying about it doesn't change a fucking thing, if he is a danger to everyone else, then he shouldn't be doing it
>>
>>1018431
This. Next time it'll be a kid on a bike. He should flip burgers instead.
>>
Had a teen in my neighborhood drive home drunk and hit my mail box.

Mailbox at the time was a custom built 1/8 inch thick steel box from the past owner who got his hit with a bat back in the 80s.

Ripped the whole right side of her car to shreds. And she never came to my house to let me know so I follows the trail of parts to her house.

Made her parents and her pay $400 for a new mailbox and to not involve the police. People that truly are worried would have given you the cost of the mail box and than some to stop the issue.

Someone on 3rd strike has had enough chances to learn.
>>
>>1018419
I also think you did the right thing. This guy shouldn't be a driver. He's not good at it, and he's causing all kinds of damages. It's not your problem. It's his and his company's problem that he needs more training. Large trucks are dangerous. It is possible he talked his way out of multiple other strikes because people were being too nice about a guy who sucks at driving. Sorry you had to be the messenger of bad news for the guy though. The world is now safer.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.