[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
its a pump
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 20160628_084919.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160628_084919.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
At least thats what its supposed to do.
It stopped working a few weeks ago.
Pulls water from my (((distillation machine))) and into my kitchen.

How do I debug this?
Should i try to open it and look inside?
Maybe it has a clogged filter inside?

Its nailed to the wall, so it's been completely still, so damage from random fall is impossible.

Power in the house has been dodgy. I live in god forsaken Puerto Rico and we have short but numerous outtages. A number of appliances have stopped working because of this presumably.

Could it be power related?
How would I go about fixing that?
Can it even be fixed?
>>
>>1014927
Plug it into a fused outlet and put a meter on it. If it's not obvious, open it up, plug it back in, and trace the power from the source to the destination. If all that seems to work, then you're fucked bc it's not electrical lol
>>
Outages don't often kill equipment ( hard disks can be the exception). Most equipment failures occur because of the voltage spike when the power comes back on.

If you get a power failure, turn off everything except the lights in the room you are in. turn those on so you know when power has returned.

A lot of electrical kit has inbuilt fuses (sometimes small, soldered in place and hard to find). Give us derails on the pump and maybe we can tell you.

Could also be the impeller seizing due to contaminant buildup (assuming its an impeller one not a diaphragm) does the pump make any noise when on?
>>
>>1014935
Ignore the request for details.
http://www.purewaterproducts.com/img/docs/manuals/IMI-104c.pdf
The polyfuse might have died (the one that cuts the pump if they overheat) or it might be time to replace bits - see the bottom of the manual.
>>
Might also be your water pressure settings - see the manual.
>>
Motor brushes are toast. I use these kind of pumps and the brushes are the most common source of failure. It's next to impossible to find the brushes and it's probably not worth replacing either (motor commutator is probably trashed too).
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.