[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tell us your odd problems: around the house, yard, car, whatever..
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 20160614_195416.jpg (121 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
20160614_195416.jpg
121 KB, 640x480
tell us your odd problems: around the house, yard, car, whatever.. Other anons try to solve the problems

My cat has been peeing in this spot in the litter box. It used to clump pretty good when she'd pee anywhere in the box (nice tight clumps that I could easily scoop out), but now that it's warmed up and she's drinking more water, she pees more often and I guess it doesn't have time to dry/clump so it stays this moist, sticky mass that's really hard and messy to remove. I've basically had to tip all the dry litter to the other end of the box and use a rubber glove to remove it with my hand, then either clean the whole box or spray and wipe up that area. It's a large box close to 2 feet x 3 feet. Suggestions?
>>
Eat the cat and get a real pet
>>
File: media[1].jpg (35 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
media[1].jpg
35 KB, 700x700
>>1008848
For one you don't have enough litter in there. Second is that you're not going to keep the cat from peeing there. That's its pee spot. You're going to have to clean it more often, that's all. I have 3 cats and 3 litter boxes. They all piss in a certain corner of the box. Damn near break the scoop digging out their piss mud. Cleaning every other day helps.

Protip: when you do major clean outs spray the fucker down with white vinegar and let it sit. It will kill that ammonia smell. Then wash and dry.

Pic related is, in my opinion, the best kind of litter box. Booda dome.
>>
>>1008858
Kill yourself and stop being a sensitive faggot buttmad about how their cat won't feed them constant attention.
>>
>>1009193
I guess over the 2-3 days she'd kicked it all away. I usually keep at least 3-4 inches of litter. You're right, the scooping of those massive piss clumps almost breaks the scoop every time!

For cleaning I usually do exactly as you said, cleaning with vinegar.

The dome box doesn't look very big at all. I got one of those larger storage boxes and cut a hole in the side for easier enter/exit. Before when I had a smaller box, she'd piss over the side. Now she's forced to get IN the box so no more outside messes. These giant piss clumps are new though (as I said, probably because of the increase in water intake). Thanks for the reply!
>>
>>1008858
yea, have a shit covered yard and dead spots in your lawn because the animal literally pisses poison.
>>
>>1009249
kek. it's true, at least about killing the lawn. Just when I had good coverage, BAM back to brown
>>
>>1008848
Put 6-8 inches of litter in the bin to absorb more. It's sitting in one spot because it doesn't have the surface area to spread out more. Think of drainage and how you have to have a lot of rock underneath a foundation to drain the water out.
>>
>>1009378
will do!

Anyone else have little odd problems around their house, etc?
>>
My toilet bowl leaks waste water slowly overtime should i tear it up and fix whaters wrong or just silicone the edges?
>>
>>1009806
maybe a new wax ring?
>>
>>1009806
Sounds like you have an excuse to piss all over your bathroom without repercussion.
>>
>>1009206
>>1009249
>catfags being this assmad over their shitty choice of pet
I'll just be here with my loyal and obedient pet that doesn't need a designated shitting box
>>
>>1009836
At least my cat shits where it's supposed to unlike your retarded dog.
>>
>>1009806
If water is coming out from under it, then you have a worse problem then it just getting on the floor. You need to pull the toilet and replace the wax ring under it before you rot your floor out.
>>
>>1009392
I didn't want to really believe it at first, but I got this house on the cheap, and I made jokes with the realtor that "this place must be haunted or something," which we both laughed about. The seller was all too eager to offer as much as possible, which made me a bit leery, but the deal I got was too good - mold or rot or anything couldn't be bad enough for what I was going to pay monthly for the place that I was getting.

Then things started going... wrong, I guess? Things seemed a bit more malicious than negligent. Issues only happened when I was away or asleep; never when I was there. When I was asleep, it only seemed to be things that would wake me - noises. Bangs and creaks at first, but other sounds that I just wrote off as being too tired. I convinced myself it was popping nails or the house settling. When I was away, it was things like coming home to the door being unlocked, or the worse case being not just one, but three separate gas leaks. And the strangest thing about it was that it wasn't bad enough to cause serious alarm. Not bad enough to call someone in to deal with it. Just bad enough to cause concern.

Since then, I've noticed increasingly odd things. Strange markings in sawdust left on the floor from some of my projects. Lights flickering when no major appliance was starting up. Sounds coming from other floors, but no trace of anything when I go to investigate.

I'm not entirely sure what to make of it, but I don't want to come off as crazy...

/diy/.. do I have raccoons?
>>
>>1009806
leak and drain are two different things
>>
>>1009933
>do I have raccoons?
it could be rodents

poison and or death metal turned up to 11 for the larger creatures
>>
>>1009933
7/10 entertained on the shitter. Prolly read again.
>>
I just moved into a new place, we have three wasp nests. Two are pretty small and won't be a problem to spray. The third one must have been neglected for a couple summers because it's fucking huge. The problem is that it's three stories high, I'm not trying to die on a ladder. The problem is that I need someone to donate testicles to me so I can do this.
>>
>>1009872
>supposed to shit outside
>dog shits outside
Wow amazing
>>
>>1010141
Some types of wasps abandon their nest every year and start from scratch. Get some binoculars and see if it's even being used.

>>1009933
The paranormal is literally destroying your house trying to get your attention and you just shrug it off?
>>
>>1009836
>>1010145
You dog fags are just jelous because idiot dogs are the only thing that does and the only thing that ever will treat you like an alpha. All the cat's treat you like the beta cuck that you are.
>>
>>1010156
>desiring the attention of a cat
I'm lmaoing at your life
>>
>>1010200
>thinks that since he can get affection from a cat, no one else can either.

>satisfied that he can get love from something dumb enough to eat its own shit.

Face it. Dogs are for cucks and single moms.
>>
cats - can be left alone inside for DAYS without the need for human interaction (leave enough food and water). They'll shit in their box and everything will be ok.

dogs- will eat all the food within one or two days and will undoubtedly shit on your floor
>require human interaction

dogs = more work
>>
>>1010141
If they're 3 stories up I honestly wouldn't worry too much about them. IF you want peace of mind and there are windows higher up that will get you closer to the nests, you can get some wasp/hornet killer and lean out the window and shoot...the stuff shoots pretty far (like 15 feet) so you might be able to address the problem that way (be careful leaning out the window obviously). If you squirt the nest and don't see any movement afterward, there's a good chance the nest is abandoned.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.